    clocks at like 2.1Ghz, I had to turn it down to 1100Mhz for the display to
    work properly. The video adapter is an ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700. Any
    insight would be much appreciated.

    Global Thermonuclear War, Jun 12, 2004

  2. Global Thermonuclear War

    Boomer Guest

    "Global Thermonuclear War" <> wrote:

    > When I turn it on the display is fine, but when it gets to
    > windows it goes static'y. I discovered that if I turn the CPU
    > clock down it works ok. It's running at less than half what it's
    > supposed to be. AMD 3200+ normally clocks at like 2.1Ghz, I had
    > to turn it down to 1100Mhz for the display to work properly. The
    > video adapter is an ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700. Any insight
    > would be much appreciated.

    Thats the 5th time you've posted this in less than 48 hours!

    Boomer, Jun 12, 2004

  3. Global Thermonuclear War

    ICee Guest

    Global Thermonuclear War wrote:
    > When I turn it on the display is fine, but when it gets to windows it
    > goes static'y. I discovered that if I turn the CPU clock down it
    > works ok. It's running at less than half what it's supposed to be.
    > AMD 3200+ normally clocks at like 2.1Ghz, I had to turn it down to
    > 1100Mhz for the display to work properly. The video adapter is an ATI
    > Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700. Any insight would be much appreciated.

    Probably either the power supply is not adequate, or you have a heat
    problem.
    Some details of the system would be helpful.

    ICee, Jun 12, 2004
  4. "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Global Thermonuclear War" <> wrote:
    >
    > > When I turn it on the display is fine, but when it gets to
    > > windows it goes static'y. I discovered that if I turn the CPU
    > > clock down it works ok. It's running at less than half what it's
    > > supposed to be. AMD 3200+ normally clocks at like 2.1Ghz, I had
    > > to turn it down to 1100Mhz for the display to work properly. The
    > > video adapter is an ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700. Any insight
    > > would be much appreciated.

    > Thats the 5th time you've posted this in less than 48 hours!

    4th

    Twice I accidently replied to my first post, which was 48 hours ago.

    Global Thermonuclear War, Jun 12, 2004
  5. "ICee" <> wrote in message
    > Global Thermonuclear War wrote:
    > > When I turn it on the display is fine, but when it gets to windows it
    > > goes static'y. I discovered that if I turn the CPU clock down it
    > > works ok. It's running at less than half what it's supposed to be.
    > > AMD 3200+ normally clocks at like 2.1Ghz, I had to turn it down to
    > > 1100Mhz for the display to work properly. The video adapter is an ATI
    > > Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700. Any insight would be much appreciated.

    > Probably either the power supply is not adequate, or you have a heat
    > problem.
    > Some details of the system would be helpful.

    Asus A7N8X-X
    AthlonXP 3200+ Barton
    ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700
    Promise TX2000
    2x WD Caviar 20GB drives
    Plextor PX-504A
    Swiftech 8600 Series water cooler for CPU, GPU, and Chipset.

    The average temp on the CPU was 45-50 C, on the mainboard it was 20-30 C
    It runs WinXP and SETI@Home runs all the time in the background. A few days
    ago when I restarted it the display went crappy when it got to windows. I
    couldn't even get into safe mode without the display going crappy. It was ok
    in DOS, then that didn't even work.

    Global Thermonuclear War, Jun 12, 2004
  6. Global Thermonuclear War

    ICee Guest

    Global Thermonuclear War wrote:
    > "ICee" <> wrote in message
    >> Global Thermonuclear War wrote:
    >>> When I turn it on the display is fine, but when it gets to windows
    >>> it goes static'y. I discovered that if I turn the CPU clock down it
    >>> works ok. It's running at less than half what it's supposed to be.
    >>> AMD 3200+ normally clocks at like 2.1Ghz, I had to turn it down to
    >>> 1100Mhz for the display to work properly. The video adapter is an
    >>> ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700. Any insight would be much
    >>> appreciated.

    >> Probably either the power supply is not adequate, or you have a heat
    >> problem.
    >> Some details of the system would be helpful.
    >>

    > Asus A7N8X-X
    > AthlonXP 3200+ Barton
    > ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700
    > Promise TX2000
    > 2x WD Caviar 20GB drives
    > Plextor PX-504A
    > Swiftech 8600 Series water cooler for CPU, GPU, and Chipset.
    >
    > The average temp on the CPU was 45-50 C, on the mainboard it was
    > 20-30 C It runs WinXP and SETI@Home runs all the time in the
    > background. A few days ago when I restarted it the display went
    > crappy when it got to windows. I couldn't even get into safe mode
    > without the display going crappy. It was ok in DOS, then that didn't
    > even work.

    What make and wattage power supply?
    Which version ATI Catalyst driver are you using?
    In the BIOS, "Advanced Chipset Features", make sure "Video RAM Cachable"
    is disabled, and "AGP Fast Write Capability" should be disabled also.
    In "PnP/PCI Configuration", "Allocate IRQ to Video" should be enabled.

    ICee, Jun 12, 2004
  7. Global Thermonuclear War

    ~S~ Guest

    Try the latest Catalyst drivers, they just came out coupla days ago.

    ~S~

    ~S~, Jun 12, 2004
  8. Global Thermonuclear War

    ICee Guest

    ~S~ wrote:
    > Try the latest Catalyst drivers, they just came out coupla days ago.
    >
    > ~S~

    Why should I try the latest Catalyst drivers?

    ICee, Jun 12, 2004
  9. Global Thermonuclear War

    tiredchicken Guest

    "Global Thermonuclear War" <> wrote message

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Global Thermonuclear War" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > When I turn it on the display is fine, but when it gets to
    >> > windows it goes static'y. I discovered that if I turn the
    >> > CPU clock down it works ok. It's running at less than half
    >> > what it's supposed to be. AMD 3200+ normally clocks at like
    >> > 2.1Ghz, I had to turn it down to 1100Mhz for the display to
    >> > work properly. The video adapter is an ATI Radeon
    >> > All-In-Wonder 9700. Any insight would be much appreciated.

    >> Thats the 5th time you've posted this in less than 48 hours!

    > 4th
    >
    > Twice I accidently replied to my first post, which was 48
    > hours ago.

    And this now.

    Not five?

    tiredchicken, Jun 12, 2004

  10. > > Asus A7N8X-X
    > > AthlonXP 3200+ Barton
    > > ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700
    > > Promise TX2000
    > > 2x WD Caviar 20GB drives
    > > Plextor PX-504A
    > > Swiftech 8600 Series water cooler for CPU, GPU, and Chipset.
    > >
    > > The average temp on the CPU was 45-50 C, on the mainboard it was
    > > 20-30 C It runs WinXP and SETI@Home runs all the time in the
    > > background. A few days ago when I restarted it the display went
    > > crappy when it got to windows. I couldn't even get into safe mode
    > > without the display going crappy. It was ok in DOS, then that didn't
    > > even work.

    > What make and wattage power supply?
    > Which version ATI Catalyst driver are you using?
    > In the BIOS, "Advanced Chipset Features", make sure "Video RAM Cachable"
    > is disabled, and "AGP Fast Write Capability" should be disabled also.
    > In "PnP/PCI Configuration", "Allocate IRQ to Video" should be enabled.

    The power supply is an Antec True550.
    I'm installing the newest ATI Catalyst driver now.
    "AGP Fast Write Capability" was enabled by default, I disabled it.
    In "PnP/PCI Configuration," the only setting is "PCI/VGA Palette Snoop."

    Global Thermonuclear War, Jun 13, 2004
  11. Global Thermonuclear War

    ICee Guest

    Global Thermonuclear War wrote:
    >>> Asus A7N8X-X
    >>> AthlonXP 3200+ Barton
    >>> ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700
    >>> Promise TX2000
    >>> 2x WD Caviar 20GB drives
    >>> Plextor PX-504A
    >>> Swiftech 8600 Series water cooler for CPU, GPU, and Chipset.
    >>>
    >>> The average temp on the CPU was 45-50 C, on the mainboard it was
    >>> 20-30 C It runs WinXP and SETI@Home runs all the time in the
    >>> background. A few days ago when I restarted it the display went
    >>> crappy when it got to windows. I couldn't even get into safe mode
    >>> without the display going crappy. It was ok in DOS, then that didn't
    >>> even work.

    >> What make and wattage power supply?
    >> Which version ATI Catalyst driver are you using?
    >> In the BIOS, "Advanced Chipset Features", make sure "Video RAM
    >> Cachable" is disabled, and "AGP Fast Write Capability" should be
    >> disabled also. In "PnP/PCI Configuration", "Allocate IRQ to Video"
    >> should be enabled.
    >>

    > The power supply is an Antec True550.
    > I'm installing the newest ATI Catalyst driver now.
    > "AGP Fast Write Capability" was enabled by default, I disabled it.
    > In "PnP/PCI Configuration," the only setting is "PCI/VGA Palette
    > Snoop."

    Ok, good power supply. Pallete snoop should be disabled. The IRQ for
    VGA may be elsewhere in your BIOS. I use the Omega drivers for my 9500
    Pro; you may want to give them a try. I've found them to be faster and
    more stable than ATI's own.
    http://www.omegacorner.com/index_ati.html

    ICee, Jun 13, 2004
  12. Global Thermonuclear War

    archierob Guest

    Dont worry - Ronald Reagan used to act 'funny' - and he became president of
    the US!

    archierob, Jun 16, 2004
  13. Global Thermonuclear War

    chrisv Guest

    archierob wrote:
    > Dont worry - Ronald Reagan used to act 'funny' - and he became
    > president of the US!

    *plonk*

    chrisv, Jun 16, 2004
  14. Global Thermonuclear War

    Mhzjunkie Guest

    archierob spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter some bits :

    > Dont worry - Ronald Reagan used to act 'funny' - and he became
    > president of the US!

    I wasn't talking about being a faggot. You faggot.

    --
    Mhzjunkie

    Programmer: alt.os.windows-xp
    1 PRINT "Windows XP ERROR"