    1
    Hi guys,
    My cisco 2800 series router boots to ROM mode anytime I start it. What are the steps to take to take it back to the normal mode #.

    mekus_71, Apr 29, 2010

  2. mekus_71

    Akilla21

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2010
    Messages:
    14
    Location:
    Wiesbaden, Germany
    I would check your bootup statements in ROMMON, ensure there is a flash card inserted that has that IOS on it. If the router can't see the memory card, try re-formatting the card on another 2811 router, re-add the IOS.

    If the router still can't see the image, re-download from Cisco or copy an image from a working 2811.

    Hopefully, it boots and check your running config and make sure it states the right IOS. What we did in the past on my network was to ensure the Flash, DRAM and event BootRAM was order with enough memory and have a fully function IOS in Flash and DRAM. Then put a boot image in BootRAM and ensure all statements match.

    So, in the event of an unexpected power failure the router will search all areas and boot up in some sort to allow administration and correction remotely.

    Akilla21, Nov 4, 2010