    play DVD-R or DVD+R discs of any brand.

    Does anyone know any more info about this XLOGIC XLD-901 . Would be great if
    it could be flashed to read the DVD+R format.

    fruitbat, Feb 25, 2004

  2. fruitbat

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    fruitbat wrote:

    > A few months ago I bought a $69 DVD player from Crazy Clarkes.
    > It is marked XLOGIC XLD-901 with no other brand identification.
    >
    > It works fine. Plays DVDs, CDs, MP3s, VCDs and so on.
    > Yesterday I discovered that it also plays MPG files - a pleasant surprise.
    >
    > I have a DVD burner and my XLOGIC happily handles DVD+RW discs but will not
    > play DVD-R or DVD+R discs of any brand.
    >
    > Does anyone know any more info about this XLOGIC XLD-901 . Would be great if
    > it could be flashed to read the DVD+R format.

    I have an XL 2023 and that has no problem with any burned DVDs at all,
    regardless of format.

    Is it coming up with an error, or failing to recognize the disc altogether?

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 25, 2004

  3. fruitbat

    Thor Guest

    "fruitbat" <> wrote in message
    > A few months ago I bought a $69 DVD player from Crazy Clarkes.
    > It is marked XLOGIC XLD-901 with no other brand identification.
    >
    > It works fine. Plays DVDs, CDs, MP3s, VCDs and so on.
    > Yesterday I discovered that it also plays MPG files - a pleasant surprise.
    >
    > I have a DVD burner and my XLOGIC happily handles DVD+RW discs but will

    not
    > play DVD-R or DVD+R discs of any brand.
    >
    > Does anyone know any more info about this XLOGIC XLD-901 . Would be great

    if
    > it could be flashed to read the DVD+R format.

    If it handles DVD+RW it should handle DVD+R. Perhaps it is defective?
    Firmware updates (if available) would only be available from the
    manufacturer, and in the case of stand-alone DVD players, you typically have
    to send it to an authorized service center, or back to the manufacturer to
    have a firmware update done.

    Thor, Feb 25, 2004