my cats in heat,any saskatoon people who will let their tom visit a couple of days--for real

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SASKSINNER, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. SASKSINNER

    SASKSINNER Guest

    SASKSINNER, Apr 8, 2005

  2. SASKSINNER

    royaldiadem Guest

    royaldiadem, Apr 8, 2005

  3. SASKSINNER

    JANA Guest

    JANA, Apr 8, 2005
  4. So is eating cow, or pig, or chicken, or fish... or anything else that was
    once living.
    Where do we draw the line when deciding what is yummy vs what is gross?
    Only in our mind... and some people have very scary minds.
    Just for the record: Cat isn't on my list of edibles, either.
    PJ

    The Black Laced One, Apr 8, 2005
  5. SASKSINNER

    Joel Rubin Guest

    Why isn't this in a locality-oriented newsgroup rather than one which
    goes all over the world?

    Unless you have some really good reason for breeding your "queen" I'm
    sure the local SPCA or humane society will be glad to tell you why
    this shouldn't be done.

    (They're killing unwanted kittens and puppies fast enough and even if
    you find homes for all the offspring it will simply cause other
    unwanted kittens to be killed.)

    This is why most humane society/SPCA's/whatever and even some private
    practice vets have a free or low cost (to the pet owner) spay and
    neuter program.

    Here's a cat which might be available.

    http://www.thesun.co.uk/popupWindow/0,,13-2005160039,00.html
    Joel Rubin, Apr 8, 2005
  6. Re: my cats in heat,any saskatoon people who will let their tom visita couple of days--for real

    The Black Laced One wrote:
    > So is eating cow, or pig, or chicken, or fish... or anything else that was
    > once living.
    > Where do we draw the line when deciding what is yummy vs what is gross?
    > Only in our mind... and some people have very scary minds.
    > Just for the record: Cat isn't on my list of edibles, either.

    Odd, I hear all women are only about 2 drinks away from being bi.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 8, 2005
  7. Rôgêr wrote:
    > The Black Laced One wrote:
    >> So is eating cow, or pig, or chicken, or fish... or anything else
    >> that was once living.
    >> Where do we draw the line when deciding what is yummy vs what is
    >> gross? Only in our mind... and some people have very scary minds.
    >> Just for the record: Cat isn't on my list of edibles, either.

    > Odd, I hear all women are only about 2 drinks away from being bi.

    That's because men only hear what they want to hear. It's that selective
    hearing thing...
    PJ
    The Black Laced One, Apr 8, 2005

    Where were you when we were still owned by two toms? (Not to mention, when
    Genghis Khan's Mongolian BBQ was still open around here...)
    Patrick Lee Humphrey, Apr 8, 2005
  9. The Black Laced One wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> The Black Laced One wrote:
    >>> So is eating cow, or pig, or chicken, or fish... or anything else
    >>> that was once living.
    >>> Where do we draw the line when deciding what is yummy vs what is
    >>> gross? Only in our mind... and some people have very scary minds.
    >>> Just for the record: Cat isn't on my list of edibles, either.

    >> Odd, I hear all women are only about 2 drinks away from being bi.

    > That's because men only hear what they want to hear. It's that selective
    > hearing thing...
    > PJ

    Huh? :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Apr 8, 2005
  10. SASKSINNER

    PuppyKatt Guest

    In Winnipeg, if your cat is past the age of six months, and you have not yet
    arranged th have it spayed or neutered, the local Humane Society can fine
    you $1,500.00. Even without this threat, we have our pets "fixed" as soon
    as they are old enough. Some vets will do the surgery at as young as four
    mnths, but the norm is six months. Also, as responsible pet owners, our
    cats are only outside with my Dad and I, on a harness and leash, and they
    have their check-ups and vaccinations annually.

    PuppyKatt, Apr 8, 2005
  11. Re: my cats in heat,any saskatoon people who will let their tom visita couple of days--for real

    PuppyKatt wrote:
    > In Winnipeg, if your cat is past the age of six months, and you have not yet
    > arranged th have it spayed or neutered, the local Humane Society can fine
    > you $1,500.00. Even without this threat, we have our pets "fixed" as soon
    > as they are old enough. Some vets will do the surgery at as young as four
    > mnths, but the norm is six months. Also, as responsible pet owners, our
    > cats are only outside with my Dad and I, on a harness and leash, and they
    > have their check-ups and vaccinations annually.

    The Humane Society fines you? When did they get into law enforcement?
    Who's in charge of going around checking all the cats to see if they're
    fixed?

    --
    It would seem enforcement might be a problem. At least the Humane
    Society is bit better than PETA.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 8, 2005
  12. SASKSINNER

    PuppyKatt Guest

    PuppyKatt, Apr 8, 2005
  13. SASKSINNER

    PuppyKatt Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > PuppyKatt wrote:
    >> In Winnipeg, if your cat is past the age of six months, and you have not
    >> yet arranged th have it spayed or neutered, the local Humane Society can
    >> fine you $1,500.00. Even without this threat, we have our pets "fixed"
    >> as soon as they are old enough. Some vets will do the surgery at as
    >> young as four mnths, but the norm is six months. Also, as responsible
    >> pet owners, our cats are only outside with my Dad and I, on a harness and
    >> leash, and they have their check-ups and vaccinations annually.

    > The Humane Society fines you? When did they get into law enforcement?

    In cooperation with the City of Winnipeg.

    > Who's in charge of going around checking all the cats to see if they're
    > fixed?

    Darned if I know. I have not yet heard of any enforcement of this, but we
    get our pets done via the Winnipeg Humane Society. When an owner calls the
    Society's "Subsidised Spay and Neuter" number to enquire about the service
    and to see if they are qualified to go the subsidised route, the society
    mails an information package, which includes the information about the fine.
    That's how, I suppose, they would catch some of the irresponsible owners.
    Another way is by picking up the outdoor "strays" that have collars on. If
    Kitty is older than six months, look out.

    PuppyKatt, Apr 9, 2005
  14. PuppyKatt wrote:
    > "Joel Rubin" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Here's a cat which might be available.
    >>
    >> http://www.thesun.co.uk/popupWindow/0,,13-2005160039,00.html
    >>

    > How can I get this as wallpaper? I right-clicked it, and tried to
    > save, but it refuses to.

    Save the webpage to your desktop and you'll be able to pull the picture
    from that folder.
    HTH
    PJ
    The Black Laced One, Apr 9, 2005
  15. SASKSINNER

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "The Black Laced One" <> wrote in message
    > PuppyKatt wrote:
    >> "Joel Rubin" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Here's a cat which might be available.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.thesun.co.uk/popupWindow/0,,13-2005160039,00.html
    >>>

    >> How can I get this as wallpaper? I right-clicked it, and tried to
    >> save, but it refuses to.

    > Save the webpage to your desktop and you'll be able to pull the picture
    > from that folder.
    > HTH
    > PJ

    Dang, that was easy <g>
    Toolman Tim, Apr 9, 2005
  16. Re: my cats in heat,any saskatoon people who will let their tom visita couple of days--for real

    JANA wrote:
    > That is gross!!!

    If God didn't want people to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out
    of meat.
    Roger-with-the-gunny-sacks, Apr 9, 2005
  17. SASKSINNER

    PuppyKatt Guest

    > PuppyKatt wrote:
    >> "Joel Rubin" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Here's a cat which might be available.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.thesun.co.uk/popupWindow/0,,13-2005160039,00.html
    >>>

    >> How can I get this as wallpaper? I right-clicked it, and tried to
    >> save, but it refuses to.

    > Save the webpage to your desktop and you'll be able to pull the picture
    > from that folder.
    > HTH
    > PJ

    Got it, thanks PJ.