    GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
    THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP
    ME..........PLZ

    VEGA51, Apr 29, 2007

  2. VEGA51

    SJP Guest

    "VEGA51" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > HELP I AM HAVING AN ISSUE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF MEMORY CARD
    > WETHER IT BE SANDISK OR KINGSTON WHATEVER KIND IT WONT READ IT.......
    > I PUT THE CARD IN THEN IT BEEPS TWICE AND THEN NOTHING............
    > EVERYTHING STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE REINSTALLED XP HOME EDITION ON MY
    > GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
    > THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP
    > ME..........PLZ

    You keyboard also appears to be broken!

    SJP, Apr 29, 2007

  3. VEGA51

    SJP Guest

    "SJP" <> wrote in message

    > "VEGA51" <> wrote in message
    >> HELP I AM HAVING AN ISSUE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF MEMORY CARD
    >> WETHER IT BE SANDISK OR KINGSTON WHATEVER KIND IT WONT READ IT.......
    >> I PUT THE CARD IN THEN IT BEEPS TWICE AND THEN NOTHING............
    >> EVERYTHING STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE REINSTALLED XP HOME EDITION ON MY
    >> GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
    >> THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP
    >> ME..........PLZ
    >>

    > You keyboard also appears to be broken!

    Your

    SJP, Apr 29, 2007
  4. VEGA51 wrote:
    > HELP I AM HAVING AN ISSUE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF MEMORY CARD
    > WETHER IT BE SANDISK OR KINGSTON WHATEVER KIND IT WONT READ IT.......
    > I PUT THE CARD IN THEN IT BEEPS TWICE AND THEN NOTHING............
    > EVERYTHING STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE REINSTALLED XP HOME EDITION ON MY
    > GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
    > THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP
    > ME..........PLZ

    Did your friend install the version of XP that came with your laptop?
    Similar won't cut, needs to be the same.

    You could try deleting card reader from Device Manager and then restart,
    see if XP picks it up this time.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 29, 2007
  5. VEGA51

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-04-29, VEGA51 <> wrote:
    > HELP I AM HAVING AN ISSUE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF MEMORY CARD
    > WETHER IT BE SANDISK OR KINGSTON WHATEVER KIND IT WONT READ IT.......
    > I PUT THE CARD IN THEN IT BEEPS TWICE AND THEN NOTHING............
    > EVERYTHING STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE REINSTALLED XP HOME EDITION ON MY
    > GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
    > THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP
    > ME..........PLZ

    Please stop shouting.

    Visit the website of the maker of your computer and see if they have the
    'drivers' for the various components available for download.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 29, 2007
  6. VEGA51

    rick Guest

    On 28 Apr 2007 22:49:50 -0700, VEGA51 <> wrote:

    >HELP I AM HAVING AN ISSUE BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF MEMORY CARD
    >WETHER IT BE SANDISK OR KINGSTON WHATEVER KIND IT WONT READ IT.......
    >I PUT THE CARD IN THEN IT BEEPS TWICE AND THEN NOTHING............
    >EVERYTHING STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE REINSTALLED XP HOME EDITION ON MY
    >GATEWAY LAPTOP AND NOW IT WONT READ ANY........... HELP WHAT CAN I DO
    >THERE IS NOTHING IN WINDOWS UPDATE FOR THE HARDWARE OR ANYTHING HELP

    You may need drivers for you card reader, if you do, go to the website
    the the maker of the card reader

    rick

    rick, May 1, 2007