    --
    Pat Bennett
    www.cheshirewildlife.co.uk
    Pat Bennett, Feb 24, 2004

  2. "Pat Bennett" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:...
    > Hi folks,
    > I have had my D30 since February 2002, and have had no problems with it at
    > all. However, on Sunday I was on a mountain in Snowdonia, cold but dry,
    > and was taking photographs with the light improving all the time.
    > Suddenly, the shutter made a louder noise than usual, and the resulting
    > picture was non-existent. On getting it home, I found that the shutter was
    > only half covering the sensor, and the mirror was suspended in mid-air,
    > not returned to its proper position. It seems that a return spring has
    > probably snapped or got mislaid.
    > Has anybody else had this happen to their Canon DSLR?

    snip

    I've seen other reports (recently) of shutter failure on the Canon forums at
    www.dpreview.com . In view of my now heavy commitment to Canon gear, it's a
    bit scary! Hopefully, you can rationalise that up until now your D30 has given
    you good service!

    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK
    Malcolm Stewart, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Pat Bennett

    DM Guest

    I don't own a D30 but I've seen this happen to one of my shooting
    buddies. He had to send it back to Canon for a shutter replacement
    and a general cleanup. I believe he had clocked 35,000 images in
    a few months.

    DM, Feb 25, 2004