    trying.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, May 19, 2005

  2. Matt Silberstein

    Frank ess Guest

    Matt Silberstein wrote:
    > Ok, so you guys probably don't care, but my camera is finally back
    > from those nice people who fixed it (and all I had to do was give
    > them
    > lots of money).

    Is that 'fixed' in the repair sense,
    the location sense,
    the chemical sense, or
    the no-more-descendants sense?
    Frank ess, May 19, 2005

  3. On Thu, 19 May 2005 09:20:42 -0700, in rec.photo.digital , "Frank ess"
    <> in <> wrote:

    >Matt Silberstein wrote:
    >> Ok, so you guys probably don't care, but my camera is finally back
    >> from those nice people who fixed it (and all I had to do was give
    >> them
    >> lots of money).

    >Is that 'fixed' in the repair sense,
    >the location sense,
    >the chemical sense, or
    >the no-more-descendants sense?

    I hope just the first. (Well, I hope in the last as well, I don't want
    tiny little cameras running around leaving their messy bits on the
    floor.)

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, May 19, 2005
  4. Matt Silberstein

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Matt Silberstein wrote:
    > Ok, so you guys probably don't care, but my camera is finally back
    > from those nice people who fixed it (and all I had to do was give them
    > lots of money). I pick it up tomorrow. As soon as I have a good
    > picture I will post it somewhere. Unfortunately I have been here since
    > the camera broke and I have learned so many more ways that my photos
    > are not what they could be. I have hope that I have learned something
    > I can use to make the photos better, but I am sure going to enjoy
    > trying.

    I hope it works. Nothing like waiting for something to be repaired, and
    then to get it back just as broken as before. I KNOW.

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, May 20, 2005
  5. Matt Silberstein

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Matt Silberstein wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 May 2005 09:20:42 -0700, in rec.photo.digital , "Frank ess"
    > <> in <> wrote:
    >

    >>Matt Silberstein wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ok, so you guys probably don't care, but my camera is finally back
    >>>from those nice people who fixed it (and all I had to do was give
    >>>them
    >>>lots of money).

    >>Is that 'fixed' in the repair sense,
    >>the location sense,
    >>the chemical sense, or
    >>the no-more-descendants sense?

    > I hope just the first. (Well, I hope in the last as well, I don't want
    > tiny little cameras running around leaving their messy bits on the
    > floor.)

    Would digital camera messy bits be Boole sh*t?
    Grin.

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, May 20, 2005
  6. On Thu, 19 May 2005 20:37:39 -0500, in rec.photo.digital , Ron Hunter
    <> in <Ebbje.4607$> wrote:

    >Matt Silberstein wrote:
    >> Ok, so you guys probably don't care, but my camera is finally back
    >> from those nice people who fixed it (and all I had to do was give them
    >> lots of money). I pick it up tomorrow. As soon as I have a good
    >> picture I will post it somewhere. Unfortunately I have been here since
    >> the camera broke and I have learned so many more ways that my photos
    >> are not what they could be. I have hope that I have learned something
    >> I can use to make the photos better, but I am sure going to enjoy
    >> trying.
    >>

    >I hope it works. Nothing like waiting for something to be repaired, and
    >then to get it back just as broken as before. I KNOW.

    This may be the cruelest thing I have read on the USENET. Here I was,
    all happy and giddy, now I have this big black cloud over my head.
    (OK, so that is probably the rain cloud, it is raining right now.) I
    pick up the camera today, I hope I can handle the wait. May the next
    muffin you buy only have chocolate chips on the top!

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, May 20, 2005
  7. Matt Silberstein

    Tumbleweed Guest

    >>I hope it works. Nothing like waiting for something to be repaired, and
    >>then to get it back just as broken as before. I KNOW.

    So do I.
    My Canon EF 75-300 IS came back from Canon RCC today.
    I was ecstatic 'till I tried it.
    It's even more knackered than ever.
    It's going back again on Monday (sob) for it's fourth visit in as many
    weeks.

    Trip 1: USM motor was iffy. Canon replaced it and returned the lens, but:
    Trip 2: The image stabiliser had cocked up and was making double images.
    Back it went
    Trip 3: The image stabiliser was reset and checked. On return it was still
    making double images. Back it went
    Trip 4: The entire IS system was replaced along with PC boards et al. Now
    nothing at all works. It sucks all life out of the camera. It takes over 30
    seconds to display anything on the LCD, the AF doesn't work, and any attempt
    to change aperture or fire the shutter gives the dreaded Err 99. So back it
    goes again......
    Tumbleweed, May 20, 2005
  8. Matt Silberstein

    Guest

    Matt Silberstein <> wrote:

    >>I hope it works. Nothing like waiting for something to be repaired, and
    >>then to get it back just as broken as before. I KNOW.

    >This may be the cruelest thing I have read on the USENET. Here I was,
    >all happy and giddy, now I have this big black cloud over my head.
    >(OK, so that is probably the rain cloud, it is raining right now.) I
    >pick up the camera today, I hope I can handle the wait. May the next
    >muffin you buy only have chocolate chips on the top!

    Check the serial number on camera to see if you got your's back or
    some one elses problem.

    Of course your camera might *actually* get fixed, tested and tuned to
    be better than new. I hope for the latter case.

    Wes

    --
    Reply to:
    Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Alpha Charlie Echo Golf Romeo Oscar Paul dot Charlie Charlie
  9. On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:40:26 +0100, in rec.photo.digital ,
    "Tumbleweed" <> in
    <d6kpcd$r32$> wrote:

    >>>I hope it works. Nothing like waiting for something to be repaired, and
    >>>then to get it back just as broken as before. I KNOW.

    >So do I.
    >My Canon EF 75-300 IS came back from Canon RCC today.
    >I was ecstatic 'till I tried it.
    >It's even more knackered than ever.
    >It's going back again on Monday (sob) for it's fourth visit in as many
    >weeks.
    >
    >Trip 1: USM motor was iffy. Canon replaced it and returned the lens, but:
    >Trip 2: The image stabiliser had cocked up and was making double images.
    >Back it went
    >Trip 3: The image stabiliser was reset and checked. On return it was still
    >making double images. Back it went
    >Trip 4: The entire IS system was replaced along with PC boards et al. Now
    >nothing at all works. It sucks all life out of the camera. It takes over 30
    >seconds to display anything on the LCD, the AF doesn't work, and any attempt
    >to change aperture or fire the shutter gives the dreaded Err 99. So back it
    >goes again......

    Perhaps I should try for some simplicity in life. Instead of a digital
    camera, I can try making drawings. I'll just fill in the squares on
    graph paper to make them digital.

    Good luck! At this point they should not just give you a band new
    camera, they should consider an upgrade.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, May 20, 2005