    back.

    What would cause this to happen? How can I resolve the problem?

    Besides not using my P2P software I mean.
    Kyote, Apr 12, 2006

  2. Kyote

    Tee Jay Guest

    Kyote wrote:
    > I have a network everywhere 4-port router. I think it may be the cause
    > of this.
    >
    > I can start Shareaza and let it run then either goto bed or leave the
    > room for a few hours. The time difference seems to change. 1 time it
    > will take almost an entire day for my connection to get lost. Others
    > only a few hours. But in order to get my connection back I have to
    > power down my router, wait a few seconds, then power it back up.
    >
    > Actually, I only think it's my router because this time when it
    > happened I unplugged my cable modem and waited then plugged it back in
    > and nothing. Then I did the same for my router and got my connection
    > back.
    >
    > What would cause this to happen? How can I resolve the problem?
    >
    > Besides not using my P2P software I mean.

    Firmware update for router.
    Software update for Shareaza.
    reset router and pay attention to the settings as you set router up.
    Good Luck
    Tee Jay
    Tee Jay, Apr 13, 2006

  3. Kyote

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Kyote" <> wrote in message
    >I have a network everywhere 4-port router. I think it may be the cause
    > of this.
    >
    > I can start Shareaza and let it run then either goto bed or leave the
    > room for a few hours. The time difference seems to change. 1 time it
    > will take almost an entire day for my connection to get lost. Others
    > only a few hours. But in order to get my connection back I have to
    > power down my router, wait a few seconds, then power it back up.
    >
    > Actually, I only think it's my router because this time when it
    > happened I unplugged my cable modem and waited then plugged it back in
    > and nothing. Then I did the same for my router and got my connection
    > back.
    >
    > What would cause this to happen? How can I resolve the problem?
    >
    > Besides not using my P2P software I mean.

    How long have you had the router?

    Has the router been protected properly?

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Apr 14, 2006
  4. Kyote

    Kyote Guest

    On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:02:04 -0400, Tee Jay
    <> wrote:

    >Firmware update for router.
    >Software update for Shareaza.
    >reset router and pay attention to the settings as you set router up.
    > Good Luck
    > Tee Jay

    Thanks Tee Jay. I did as you recommended and also set up my firewall
    to forward to shareaza and that seems to have fixed the problem.
    Kyote, Apr 16, 2006
  5. Kyote

    Kyote Guest

    On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:01:56 GMT, "Duane Arnold" <>
    wrote:

    >How long have you had the router?
    >
    >Has the router been protected properly?
    >
    >Duane :)

    I've had it for about 6 months.
    What do you mean by protected properly?

    -------
    Kyote
    Kyote, Apr 16, 2006
  6. Kyote

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Kyote" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:01:56 GMT, "Duane Arnold" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>How long have you had the router?
    >>
    >>Has the router been protected properly?
    >>
    >>Duane :)
    >>

    > I've had it for about 6 months.
    > What do you mean by protected properly?

    I always protected the router with an UPS.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Apr 16, 2006
  7. Kyote

    Kyote Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 20:21:11 GMT, "Duane Arnold" <>
    wrote:

    >>>How long have you had the router?
    >>>
    >>>Has the router been protected properly?
    >>>
    >>>Duane :)
    >>>

    >> I've had it for about 6 months.
    >> What do you mean by protected properly?

    >I always protected the router with an UPS.
    >
    >Duane :)

    Hmmm, you mean a backup power supply. I can't think why I would need
    that though... I mean, if the power goes... Please mate, I'm not
    trying to be rude or funny, but what would be the point?

    By the way, thank you for replying and trying to help me with my
    original problem.
    -------
    Kyote
    Kyote, Apr 20, 2006
  8. Kyote

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Kyote wrote:

    >>>I've had it for about 6 months.
    >>>What do you mean by protected properly?

    >>I always protected the router with an UPS.
    >>
    >>Duane :)
    >>

    > Hmmm, you mean a backup power supply. I can't think why I would need
    > that though... I mean, if the power goes... Please mate, I'm not
    > trying to be rude or funny, but what would be the point?
    >
    > By the way, thank you for replying and trying to help me with my
    > original problem.

    A UPS with AVR is a must that keeps the power clean and constant to the
    device. It prevents brownouts, protects from spikes and drainage on the
    line from household appliances switching on and off. The router likes
    clean and constant power and they will go defective if it takes too many
    hits.

    I had a lot of problems with the router with reboots and some other
    things way back when as it took the hits. That all went away after I got
    the UPS/AVR, which the wireless router ran strong for 5 years before it
    finally died with no more problems due to the UPS/AVR.

    My router and now my FW appliance will not be plugged in without an
    UPS/AVR system protecting it and other devices like the modem etc, etc
    to protect them.

    The UPS with AVR is just a little more than some power strip surge
    protector plugged into the wall outlet laying on the floor.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Apr 20, 2006