    I also have a Silverprop Cyclone Evolution SE water block that I got awhile back for just $50 AU
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    So basically I got a rad, fan, and cpu block for just $80 AU when these parts would normally set me back ~$180-$200 AU brand new. I'm hoping to be able to build a complete decent water cooling setup for under $200 AU and so far it's looking good.
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005

  2. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    w00t! good trade. Once uve got it set up,let us know.
    XhArD, Sep 7, 2005

  3. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    For sure! I'll be posting a worklog of my next main rig which this kit is going into so don't worry. I should be getting the case soon, then transferring over all my hardware, ricing and modding it a bit and installing the water cooling ;)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  4. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    What sorta pump u have in mind? i like the trade u did :p
    well u certainly wont produce anything colder then my soon to be Liquid Nitrogen cooler.. :D
    Still got a good setup coming along, make sure u get some pictures out when its up :D
    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  5. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I'm planning to use the Via Aqua 1300. I know they aren't the best and I will be performing the mod to silence it. Also at $50 AU or less I could buy 3 of them for the price of a Swiftech MCP655 so if one dies on me I'm not all that worried although I would still rather it didn't fail.
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  6. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Failing is bad... maybe buy a wall socket pump? they are cheaper... can u could hook it up to ur PSU's internal 240volt connector pins.. :D
    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  7. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    It is an AC power pump ;) I will be making my own 12V relay circuit for it so it turns on and off as I turn my computer on and off.
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  8. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    nice... good Flowage? have fun setting the cooler up... what size Res are u going to use? or arent'y u going to use one?
    unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  9. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Flowage indeed :D
    And I'm going to be making a custom res out of PVC and acrylic. Hopefully find some clear acrylic tube and use that then use PVC end caps and place UV leds in the pointing up to light up the coolant ;)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 7, 2005
  10. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    1100l/hr, now dont waste that or we will have a dought to fix :p
    unholy, Sep 8, 2005
  11. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    doubt hed need that much for pc cooling, but you never know with some of you people :p
    XhArD, Sep 8, 2005
  12. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    That's like a max rating with zero resistance for the water and no gravity to pull it down in an ideal situation ;) Put it through loops and bends, up and down and add some restriction and it will need to rely on some good head pressure to get half that flow rate ;)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 9, 2005
  13. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    haha i doubt ur going to get half then :|
    unholy, Sep 10, 2005
  14. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    To be honest I don't know what normal flow rates are, I think someone said about 3gpm for an average setup.
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 10, 2005
  15. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    well they are normally calculating using Litres a Minute/ ml a minute... i should u my big ass pump that my dad has in the Re used water tank... its something like 50L/Minute is powerful... but BIG
    unholy, Sep 10, 2005
  16. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Bet it's noisey too ;)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 10, 2005
  17. RObErT_RaTh

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    I would still go with a decent Switech 12V Pump. I don't like the Via Aqua Pumps!
    Regarding making your own relay circuitry, it shouldn't be so difficult. I did this as well for my Eheim 1048 Pump, works like a charm!!!
    Anyway, good luck!!!
    zachig, Sep 11, 2005
  18. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Cheers mate, and yeh I already have the circuit design planned out, fairly basic stuff but I still want to be extra careful with 240 volts ;)
    Going with a swiftech will cost me a LOT and I can't build a budget setup with a pump like that. It would cost over half the setup :?
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 11, 2005
  19. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    how are u building ur relay?
    u could use an INVERTOR!!! :p... invert the 12 volt to 240volts and presto! :D
    or just hook up a switch... or connect it up with the Power button :D
    unholy, Sep 12, 2005
  20. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I could go into details but I'm tired. The low down is that the 12V from my psu will trigger a relay when the comp is turned on thus giving power to the pump. I also plan to put in safety systems where I cannot start the comp unless the pump is plugged into the wall and also trigger a shutdown if power to the pump is lost whilst running. When I get the finally schematic sorted out I will post the design but for starters I will just plug it into the powerpoint ;)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 12, 2005