    Uemit Guest

    Hello, can anyone can call my Wollknoll BBS ? - So lonely||||||||||

    Telnet 62.206.124.56
    Uemit, Jul 19, 2007

  2. Uemit <> makes *excellent* use of this free progam
    with news::

    > Hello, can anyone can call my Wollknoll BBS ? -

    Depends... Describe your lacey crotchless panties...

    > So lonely|||||||||| > Telnet 62.xxx.xxx.xx

    Now - *there* is a surprise!!!

    --

    http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Crackwhore

    My newest company is developing computer chips which
    store and play music for implantation into women's boobs.

    This may resolve complaints from women about men always
    staring at their breasts - but never listening to them!
    Bucky Breeder, Jul 19, 2007

  3. Uemit

    Mike Easter Guest

    Uemit wrote:
    > Hello, can anyone can call my Wollknoll BBS ?

    > Telnet 62.206.124.56

    Synchronet BBS for Win32 Version 3.14

    http://www.dmine.com/telnet/ Telnet BBS Guide is the largest active
    listing of Telnet accessible Bulletin Board Systems on the Internet!

    Wollknoll isn't listed there.

    http://www.dmine.com/bbscorner/connected.htm Telnet Client Software -
    we strongly recommend mTelnet since it has a lot of features and is
    freeware. http://ozone.eesc.com/ a telnet client for OS/2 and Windows
    that has Z-Modem, Backscroll and a Phonebook. Its great for telneting to
    bbs's!

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 19, 2007
  4. Uemit

    Vanguard Guest

    "Mike Easter" wrote in message

    > Uemit wrote:
    >>
    >> Hello, can anyone can call my Wollknoll BBS ?

    >> Telnet 62.206.124.56

    Who the hell bothers with telnetted BBS'es anymore? And also having to
    call them with modem? Geez, I thought long ago that they all converted
    to web-based forums.

    I don't think I've been to a BBS since Windows 95 came out. Been a long
    time but I think for those connects that I was using WinComm by Delrina
    who also made WinFax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delrina). Symantec
    acquired Delrina. WinFax survived until last year when Symantec decided
    it was pushing a dead horse with severely antiquated code, but Delrina's
    other products got vaporized. I also seem to recall using a
    modem-to-modem program called Procomm by Datastorm but that died [for
    me] around the same time
    (http://www.answers.com/topic/datastorm-technologies-inc). Didn't know
    Symantec got Procomm, too. I've found some old Symantec articles where
    Procomm Plus 4.8 is listed as supporting Windows 2000 as though that the
    was the latest and greated version of Windows, but Procomm isn't listed
    as an available product anymore. Looks like Symantec dropped Procomm
    along with WinComm(http://snipurl.com/1oil9 but no dates listed).

    I thought dial-up bulletin boards died out a decade ago. Guess it's
    time to put new batteries and film in my ancient Polariod SX-70 camera
    on the chance that I see Bigfoot while I'm sitting in my car listening
    to old 8-tracks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Camera
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_cartridge

    > Synchronet BBS for Win32 Version 3.14
    >
    > http://www.dmine.com/telnet/ Telnet BBS Guide is the largest active
    > listing of Telnet accessible Bulletin Board Systems on the Internet!

    A grand total of 443 listings. Yep, definitely a dying breed.
    Vanguard, Jul 19, 2007
  5. Vanguard wrote:

    > Who the hell bothers with telnetted BBS'es anymore? And also having to
    > call them with modem? Geez, I thought long ago that they all converted
    > to web-based forums.
    >
    > I don't think I've been to a BBS since Windows 95 came out. Been a long
    > time but I think for those connects that I was using WinComm by Delrina

    WinComm and SLMR here. Gopher, archie...

    > who also made WinFax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delrina). Symantec
    > acquired Delrina. WinFax survived until last year when Symantec decided
    > it was pushing a dead horse with severely antiquated code, but Delrina's
    > other products got vaporized. I also seem to recall using a
    > modem-to-modem program called Procomm by Datastorm but that died [for
    > me] around the same time
    > (http://www.answers.com/topic/datastorm-technologies-inc). Didn't know
    > Symantec got Procomm, too. I've found some old Symantec articles where
    > Procomm Plus 4.8 is listed as supporting Windows 2000 as though that the
    > was the latest and greated version of Windows, but Procomm isn't listed
    > as an available product anymore. Looks like Symantec dropped Procomm
    > along with WinComm(http://snipurl.com/1oil9 but no dates listed).
    >
    > I thought dial-up bulletin boards died out a decade ago. Guess it's
    > time to put new batteries and film in my ancient Polariod SX-70 camera
    > on the chance that I see Bigfoot while I'm sitting in my car listening
    > to old 8-tracks.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Camera
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_cartridge
    >
    >> Synchronet BBS for Win32 Version 3.14
    >>
    >> http://www.dmine.com/telnet/ Telnet BBS Guide is the largest active
    >> listing of Telnet accessible Bulletin Board Systems on the Internet!

    > A grand total of 443 listings. Yep, definitely a dying breed.

    Remember "Boardwatch" magazine?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 19, 2007
  6. Uemit

    Mike Easter Guest

    Vanguard wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"
    >> Uemit wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hello, can anyone can call my Wollknoll BBS ?

    >>> Telnet 62.206.124.56

    > Who the hell bothers with telnetted BBS'es anymore? And also having
    > to call them with modem? Geez, I thought long ago that they all
    > converted to web-based forums.

    The 'new' thing in BBSes is the telnet thing -- that is a /much/ better
    connectivity than the dialup. According to several sites there is a
    resurgence of interest in the BBS and most of them are just telnet, not
    dialup and not web based. A few are web based, but the popular 'medium'
    is telnet.

    >> Synchronet BBS for Win32 Version 3.14
    >>
    >> http://www.dmine.com/telnet/ Telnet BBS Guide is the largest active
    >> listing of Telnet accessible Bulletin Board Systems on the Internet!

    > A grand total of 443 listings. Yep, definitely a dying breed.

    The site has a page showing 19 new boards in the last 30 days [altho' I
    don't think they keep the 'last 30 days' rolling]. And 100% of the new
    boards listed are telnet only, no dialup.

    The wikipedia's article sez "most of the remaining traditional BBSes use
    the Telnet protocol rather than dialup,"

    In addition to the listing of 400 telnet bbs/es at dmine, another page
    has this list of listing sites:

    http://www.dmine.com/bbscorner/bbslists.htm
    Nationwide/Worldwide BBS Lists

    BBS Finder
    Pweck's Retreat The BBS List
    Synchronet BBS List
    Underground BBS Databases
    USBBS List

    Those are all showing telnet sites, and some telmodem.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 19, 2007
  7. Uemit

    Guest

    Uemit <> wrote:

    >Hello, can anyone can call my Wollknoll BBS ? - So lonely||||||||||
    >
    >Telnet 62.206.124.56

    What port, I tried tho I'm sure I don't speak the language :)

    Connecting To 62.206.124.56...Could not open connection to the host,
    on port 23: Connect failed
    --
    So, as of yesterday, If you protest the war,
    the President can take your stuff.
  8. Uemit

    Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote:

    >The 'new' thing in BBSes is the telnet thing -- that is a /much/ better
    >connectivity than the dialup. According to several sites there is a
    >resurgence of interest in the BBS and most of them are just telnet, not
    >dialup and not web based. A few are web based, but the popular 'medium'
    >is telnet.

    New !? I use Pc Pursuit http://tinyurl.com/fgyqe to telnet to BBS's
    all over the world for like $20 a month, when it cost 10ยข a min over
    normal phone lines. It was mostly 1200 baud, 2400 baud quite a find :)

    Just had to throw that in...
    --
    So, as of yesterday, If you protest the war,
    the President can take your stuff.
    www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070717-3.html
    U.S. used to be such a nice place to live...
    , Jul 19, 2007
  9. Uemit

    Vanguard Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Vanguard wrote:
    >
    >> Who the hell bothers with telnetted BBS'es anymore? And also having
    >> call them with modem? Geez, I thought long ago that they all
    >> converted
    >> to web-based forums.
    >>
    >> I don't think I've been to a BBS since Windows 95 came out. Been a
    >> long
    >> time but I think for those connects that I was using WinComm by
    >> Delrina

    > WinComm and SLMR here. Gopher, archie...
    >
    >> who also made WinFax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delrina).
    >> Symantec
    >> acquired Delrina. WinFax survived until last year when Symantec
    >> decided
    >> it was pushing a dead horse with severely antiquated code, but
    >> Delrina's
    >> other products got vaporized. I also seem to recall using a
    >> modem-to-modem program called Procomm by Datastorm but that died [for
    >> me] around the same time
    >> (http://www.answers.com/topic/datastorm-technologies-inc). Didn't
    >> know
    >> Symantec got Procomm, too. I've found some old Symantec articles
    >> where
    >> Procomm Plus 4.8 is listed as supporting Windows 2000 as though that
    >> the
    >> was the latest and greated version of Windows, but Procomm isn't
    >> listed
    >> as an available product anymore. Looks like Symantec dropped Procomm
    >> along with WinComm(http://snipurl.com/1oil9 but no dates listed).
    >>
    >> I thought dial-up bulletin boards died out a decade ago. Guess it's
    >> time to put new batteries and film in my ancient Polariod SX-70
    >> camera
    >> on the chance that I see Bigfoot while I'm sitting in my car
    >> listening
    >> to old 8-tracks.
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Camera
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_cartridge
    >>
    >>> Synchronet BBS for Win32 Version 3.14
    >>>
    >>> http://www.dmine.com/telnet/ Telnet BBS Guide is the largest active
    >>> listing of Telnet accessible Bulletin Board Systems on the Internet!

    >> A grand total of 443 listings. Yep, definitely a dying breed.

    > Remember "Boardwatch" magazine?

    Yeah, I remember hearing of it. Can't remember why, though. A couple
    brain cells dusted themselves off and said, "hey, yeah, there was
    something to remember about it but there's not enough of us to collect
    into a memory of it anymore." From Googling, looks like they are now
    http://www.lightreading.com/. They might have a link somewhere for a
    list of surviving BBS'es but I didn't bother wasting time digging around
    their site. A search on "BBS" on their site didn't turn up any BBS
    lists. They do have an article at
    http://www.lightreading.com/techenc.asp?term=BBS that says, "Although
    still used in some parts of the world where there is little or no
    Internet access, most every resource found on a BBS migrated to the
    Web." I didn't think Germany was considered the backwoods for the OP.

    http://www.geeknewscentral.com/archives/000695.html talks some about the
    demise of dial-up BBS'es. "When the WWW revolution hit most small BBS
    systems folded or went off-line as they failed to go the next step and
    migrate to the web." As I recall, and although browsers were around
    before then, the web explosion occurred around 1994.

    For e-mail: The passcode "#VNGRD" must be added to Subject.
    * Keep the discussion in the newsgroup - Share with others *
    Vanguard, Jul 20, 2007