    to be a problem?

    I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?

    Thanks

    SingleSweet, Dec 18, 2007

  2. SingleSweet

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:21:52 -0800 (PST), SingleSweet
    <> wrote:

    >Hey, yesterday i wrote an email about to ASB. Then I received
    >something really funny today from email.
    >
    >First of all the email did not say it's from ASB. But the email
    >address is from
    >
    >They asked me, in order to answer my questions, log on to the
    >asbbank.co.nz (which is NOT the official website for the bank), then
    >they will help me to set up an online account, which I don't
    >need...blah...
    >
    >In my complaint letter, I wrote my credit card no. down. Is that going
    >to be a problem?
    >

    >I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?

    You should ring them right now and talk to them instead of waiting for
    someone's opinion here.

    But, i'll give my opinion anyway :) , It looks like it's legit, as
    long as they didn't ask for your pin etc.

    Craig Shore, Dec 18, 2007

  3. SingleSweet

    Puddle Guest

    www.asbbank.co.nz is one of their official domain names
    You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
    the home link and it takes you back to www.asbbank.co.nz NOT
    www.asb.co.nz so it seems asb even prefer www.asbbank.co.nz :)

    Puddle, Dec 18, 2007
  4. SingleSweet

    Mutlley Guest

    Puddle <> wrote:

    >SingleSweet wrote:
    >> Hey, yesterday i wrote an email about to ASB. Then I received
    >> something really funny today from email.
    >>
    >> First of all the email did not say it's from ASB. But the email
    >> address is from
    >>
    >> They asked me, in order to answer my questions, log on to the
    >> asbbank.co.nz (which is NOT the official website for the bank), then
    >> they will help me to set up an online account, which I don't
    >> need...blah...
    >>
    >> In my complaint letter, I wrote my credit card no. down. Is that going
    >> to be a problem?
    >>

    >> I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >www.asbbank.co.nz is one of their official domain names
    >You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
    >the home link and it takes you back to www.asbbank.co.nz NOT
    >www.asb.co.nz so it seems asb even prefer www.asbbank.co.nz :)

    I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
    Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

    Mutlley, Dec 18, 2007
  5. SingleSweet

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > Puddle <> wrote:
    >
    >>SingleSweet wrote:
    >>> Hey, yesterday i wrote an email about to ASB. Then I received
    >>> something really funny today from email.
    >>>
    >>> First of all the email did not say it's from ASB. But the email
    >>> address is from
    >>>
    >>> They asked me, in order to answer my questions, log on to the
    >>> asbbank.co.nz (which is NOT the official website for the bank), then
    >>> they will help me to set up an online account, which I don't
    >>> need...blah...
    >>>
    >>> In my complaint letter, I wrote my credit card no. down. Is that going
    >>> to be a problem?
    >>>

    >>> I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >>www.asbbank.co.nz is one of their official domain names
    >>You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
    >>the home link and it takes you back to www.asbbank.co.nz NOT
    >>www.asb.co.nz so it seems asb even prefer www.asbbank.co.nz :)

    > I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
    > Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

    Or AUT University. Yes, we get the idea, you're a university now. No need
    to call yourself Auckland University of Technology University.

    Nik Coughlin, Dec 18, 2007
  6. SingleSweet

    Puddle Guest

    Mutlley wrote:
    > Puddle <> wrote:
    >
    >> SingleSweet wrote:
    >>> Hey, yesterday i wrote an email about to ASB. Then I received
    >>> something really funny today from email.
    >>>
    >>> First of all the email did not say it's from ASB. But the email
    >>> address is from
    >>>
    >>> They asked me, in order to answer my questions, log on to the
    >>> asbbank.co.nz (which is NOT the official website for the bank), then
    >>> they will help me to set up an online account, which I don't
    >>> need...blah...
    >>>
    >>> In my complaint letter, I wrote my credit card no. down. Is that going
    >>> to be a problem?
    >>>

    >>> I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> www.asbbank.co.nz is one of their official domain names
    >> You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
    >> the home link and it takes you back to www.asbbank.co.nz NOT
    >> www.asb.co.nz so it seems asb even prefer www.asbbank.co.nz :)

    > I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
    > Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

    ASB has basically become their name rather than what it stands for...or
    maybe it is just a banking thing.. like when they tell you that the "ATM
    machine" is just outside :).

    Puddle, Dec 18, 2007
  7. SingleSweet

    Jerry Guest

    Mutlley wrote:
    > Puddle <> wrote:
    >
    >> SingleSweet wrote:
    >>> Hey, yesterday i wrote an email about to ASB. Then I received
    >>> something really funny today from email.
    >>>
    >>> First of all the email did not say it's from ASB. But the email
    >>> address is from
    >>>
    >>> They asked me, in order to answer my questions, log on to the
    >>> asbbank.co.nz (which is NOT the official website for the bank), then
    >>> they will help me to set up an online account, which I don't
    >>> need...blah...
    >>>
    >>> In my complaint letter, I wrote my credit card no. down. Is that going
    >>> to be a problem?
    >>>

    >>> I am very worried..Should I stop my credit card?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> www.asbbank.co.nz is one of their official domain names
    >> You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
    >> the home link and it takes you back to www.asbbank.co.nz NOT
    >> www.asb.co.nz so it seems asb even prefer www.asbbank.co.nz :)

    > I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
    > Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

    I like the US baseball team "The Los Angeles Angels". Translate the
    Spanish parts into English and they are of course "The The Angels Angels"

    Jerry, Dec 19, 2007
  8. SingleSweet

    Matty F Guest

    On Dec 19, 8:22 am, Mutlley <> wrote:

    > I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
    > Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

    They changed the name from Auckland Savings Bank when they decided to
    expand throughout NZ. Othewise people in Wellington & ChCh etc would
    think JAFA Bank.

    Matty F, Dec 19, 2007
  9. In article <>, Matty F <> wrote:
    >On Dec 19, 8:22 am, Mutlley <> wrote:
    >
    >> I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
    >> Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

    >They changed the name from Auckland Savings Bank when they decided to
    >expand throughout NZ. Othewise people in Wellington & ChCh etc would
    >think JAFA Bank.

    ... I was going to say that TSB haven't done that. I was wrong ... they are
    apparently TSB bank as well. Oh well ... one thing they do that's stupid ...
    I'll live with that :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 20, 2007
  10. SingleSweet

    Bobs Guest

    On Dec 19, 8:53 am, "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote:
    > "Mutlley" <> wrote in message

    > > Puddle <> wrote:

    > >>www.asbbank.co.nzis one of their official domain names
    > >>You go to fastbank (https://fnc.asbbank.co.nz/) and then click back on
    > >>the home link and it takes you back towww.asbbank.co.nzNOT
    > >>www.asb.co.nzso it seems asb even preferwww.asbbank.co.nz:)

    > > I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
    > > Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

    > Or AUT University. Yes, we get the idea, you're a university now. No need
    > to call yourself Auckland University of Technology University.- Hide quoted text -

    Auckland University of Technology does not exist anymore. The official
    name of the university is AUT. Therefore AUT University is quite
    logical.

    Bobs, Dec 20, 2007
  11. SingleSweet

    Puddle Guest

    Bobs wrote:
    > On Dec 19, 8:53 am, "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote:
    >> "Mutlley" <> wrote in message

    >>> I could never understand the logic of the name ASBBank.or Auckland
    >>> Savings Bank Bank. A bit like Personal Identification Number Number..

    >> Or AUT University. Yes, we get the idea, you're a university now. No need
    >> to call yourself Auckland University of Technology University.- Hide quoted text -

    > Auckland University of Technology does not exist anymore. The official
    > name of the university is AUT. Therefore AUT University is quite
    > logical.

    Maybe you should tell them that as it plainly says on their official
    website at the bottom in huge writing

    "Auckland University of Technology Te Wa-nanga Aronui O Tamaki Makau Rau"

    Puddle, Dec 20, 2007
  12. In article <4769ed8b$>, Puddle <> wrote:
    >Bobs wrote:

    (snip)
    >> Auckland University of Technology does not exist anymore. The official
    >> name of the university is AUT. Therefore AUT University is quite
    >> logical.

    >Maybe you should tell them that as it plainly says on their official
    >website at the bottom in huge writing
    >
    >"Auckland University of Technology Te Wa-nanga Aronui O Tamaki Makau Rau"

    Bobs is yet to get a clue. Pointless 'discussing' anything involving
    facts or data with him. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 20, 2007