My Apologies

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Michael D. Alligood, Jan 13, 2007.

  1. I want to apologize to all of you for my behavior in dealing with Lasher
    "TurkReno" in my post "MCP Secure Newsgroup". I let things get out of
    control on my end, and it was unprofessional. I participate in these
    newsgroups to make a positive difference, help others with their
    problems, and to provide advice and support with individuals looking to
    achieve certification status. I am not here to get involved in a pseudo
    flaming war with trolls. I like to think that we are all professionals
    here; colleagues if you will. Again, I apologize for wasting your
    bandwidth and time by continuing to participate in a conversation that
    had troll like features and that was totally unprofessional.

    I posted a problem/solution post on the thread. As of right now, I
    consider the "MCP Secure Newsgroup" thread closed. I have "sailed all my
    ships" in every direction concerning this issue. Now I will wait for an
    appropriate respond/solution. Hopefully my peeps in Redmond will have a
    solution to this issue.

    Thank you for your understanding.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 13, 2007

  2. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in

    > I want to apologize to all of you for my behavior in dealing with
    > Lasher "TurkReno" in my post "MCP Secure Newsgroup". I let things get
    > out of control on my end, and it was unprofessional. I participate in
    > these newsgroups to make a positive difference, help others with their
    > problems, and to provide advice and support with individuals looking
    > to achieve certification status. I am not here to get involved in a
    > pseudo flaming war with trolls. I like to think that we are all
    > professionals here; colleagues if you will. Again, I apologize for
    > wasting your bandwidth and time by continuing to participate in a
    > conversation that had troll like features and that was totally
    > unprofessional.
    >
    > I posted a problem/solution post on the thread. As of right now, I
    > consider the "MCP Secure Newsgroup" thread closed. I have "sailed all
    > my ships" in every direction concerning this issue. Now I will wait
    > for an appropriate respond/solution. Hopefully my peeps in Redmond
    > will have a solution to this issue.
    >
    > Thank you for your understanding.
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood
    > MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    > Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    > CIW Certified Instructor

    Michael,

    First, don't call me a troll. Being a professional, that was the last
    thing you should have said. Trolls are a much different type of person.
    I was just having a bit of fun. If you think I'm a troll, go read the
    past before you showed up and see just how much I actually helped. Its
    probably going to be as frequent as you do today.

    Second, I posted an honest reply as to what I discovered on my own
    attempt to access the MCP Secure NewsGroups. Like I said, you can
    either figure it out on your own, which I had no patience to do last
    night, or call/e-mail the MCP Help Center/your Redmond contacts because
    it seems that the Secure NewsGroups are secure to the point that even
    searching the information as to what to do is not there.

    Third, the instruction set/url that you provided me with has no
    information as to how to connect via NNTP Client other than their secure
    website. Therefore, that is why I explained that you *could* be
    bypassing levels of security that you might not be allowed to
    bypass...but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to since you have MCP
    status.

    Finally, do not make unresearched assumptions about groups or people.
    Just because the cover of a book says one thing doesn't mean that they
    are exactly what they say they are. Covers are just ment to be an
    introduction. What you decide to do now is your decision.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    TurkReno, Jan 13, 2007

  3. Michael D. Alligood

    TurkReno Guest

    "FrisbeeĀ®" <> wrote in news:ONZIOhYOHHA.420
    @TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

    > Hoping to add "MVP" to that impressive list of certs, are we?

    Brendan Fraser on crack, that's all I have to say.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    TurkReno, Jan 16, 2007