My A80 sample pics

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by peter, Oct 18, 2003.

  1. peter

    peter Guest

    peter, Oct 18, 2003

  2. peter

    Omega Guest

    Nice, sharp images. Congratulations for your upgrade! :)

    Omega, Oct 18, 2003

  3. I am too! The flower pods are needle sharp.
    The colors are a bit oversaturated but I suspect that you adjusted the
    color level in a Photo Editor to look good on your monitor screen. If
    so, you may not have your monitor calibrated correctly.
    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Oct 18, 2003
  4. peter

    peter Guest

    The colors are straight out of the camera like that . I have not
    edited the pics at all , it was a very bright day , which may account
    for it.,

    peter, Oct 18, 2003
  5. peter <Sureda@remove me.bigfoot.com> writes:

    >I upgraded from an A70 , and I am impressed so far.

    Have you, or anyone reading for that matter, compared it to a S400?

    I'm thinking of buying a small portable 4 MP camera to complement my G2,
    and the S400 and A80 are the leading contenders. I'm attracted by the
    small size of the S400, since I'm more likely to carry it when I'm not
    expecting to use it. But I like the manual modes, flip-out LCD, and
    standard batteries of the A80.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, Oct 19, 2003
  6. peter

    yep Guest

    >peter <Sureda@remove me.bigfoot.com> writes:
    >
    >>I upgraded from an A70 , and I am impressed so far.

    >Have you, or anyone reading for that matter, compared it to a S400?
    >
    >I'm thinking of buying a small portable 4 MP camera to complement my G2,
    >and the S400 and A80 are the leading contenders. I'm attracted by the
    >small size of the S400, since I'm more likely to carry it when I'm not
    >expecting to use it. But I like the manual modes, flip-out LCD, and
    >standard batteries of the A80.

    Interesting. I've been considering the very two cameras for a few
    months now too....and the a80 is winning for the exact reasons.
    Especial the manual exposure, AA batts and price! The s400 is so
    tempting because it would so nicely fit in my wife's purse when we go
    out, but the a80 not much bigger however.

    I've been holding out because of the overly soft pictures the a70
    seems to produce. But from what I've seen so far, the a80 example
    pictures I've seen on the web look great!

    Perhaps the 9point auto focus on the a80 works better than the 5point
    on the a70?
    yep, Oct 26, 2003
  7. yep <> writes:

    >Perhaps the 9point auto focus on the a80 works better than the 5point
    >on the a70?

    Depends on whether you ever shoot pictures where the part you care about
    would fall within the 9 boxes, but fall outside the 5 boxes.

    I always keep this turned off on my A200 (which has 3 boxes). I don't
    want the camera guessing which area of the image should be in focus, I
    want it to focus on what I tell it to. So I always aim the camera at
    the important subject, press the release half-way, then re-aim the
    camera to compose the shot I want.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, Oct 27, 2003