    Tara Legale Guest

    This has happened once in the past and I found it and added it back so it
    showed up in My Computer. Someone please refresh my memory how to do this?

    Tara Legale, Nov 24, 2007

  2. Tara Legale

    Tara Legale Guest

    Okay I went under hardware and devices. The A drive is there but it says,
    "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware, but cannot
    find the hardware device. (Code 41).

    How do fix/find or reinstall the "hardware device"?

    Tara Legale, Nov 24, 2007

  3. Tara Legale

    Tara Legale Guest

    I fixed it myself.

    Tara Legale, Nov 24, 2007
  4. Tara Legale

    olfart Guest

    >I fixed it myself.

    would it be asking too much to tell us how you fixed it???

    olfart, Nov 24, 2007
  5. Tara Legale

    Tara Legale Guest

    F2 during started up. I disabled the floppy drive and rebooted. I shut
    down and F2 at start up again. I enabled the floppy drive and rebotted.
    The floppy drive then was showing up. I would assume this would work for
    those who have said their CDRom has disappeared. Assuming the drive is
    still in working condition.

    Tara Legale, Nov 24, 2007
  6. Tara Legale

    Neil Green Guest

    "Tara Legale" <> wrote in
    message news:Nx12j.21302$...
    > F2 during started up. I disabled the floppy drive
    > and rebooted. I shut down and F2 at start up again.
    > I enabled the floppy drive and rebotted. The floppy
    > drive then was showing up. I would assume this
    > would work for those who have said their CDRom has
    > disappeared. Assuming the drive is still in working
    > condition.

    Not always.
    Sometimes it's necessary to remove the controller in
    Windows device manager and let the OS find it and
    reinstall.
    Probably would have worked for your floppy as well.

    Neil Green, Nov 25, 2007