    Anyone suggest why DVI won't work (I have downloaded the latest NVIDIA
    drivers and the XP SP3 box works 100%)

    Al

    Caulfield_man, Nov 29, 2008

  2. Oh and - thanks in advance

    Caulfield_man, Nov 29, 2008

  3. Caulfield_man

    Guest

    Caulfield_man <> wrote:

    >Folks
    >
    >My 22" Viewsonic LCD has VGA and DVI inputs

    Son of a gun, it does... I might have the same monitor (VX2255), I
    looked and there is a VGA output port, I have always used the DVI
    output port and used the DVI to VGA adapter when using an Analog
    Monitor :) - Didn't know there was a VGA port on the monitor...

    >My 8600GT card has VGA and DVI outputs
    >

    >Connecting via VGA my resolution is perfect
    >
    >Connecting via DVI my resolution is either shot or at far too small.
    >
    >Yep, so I only use VGA.
    >
    >Anyone suggest why DVI won't work (I have downloaded the latest NVIDIA
    >drivers and the XP SP3 box works 100%)

    I take it you've also screwed with the
    Nvidia Control Panel and the Nview Properties.

    My 7800GT had those programs in the systray.

    I run a 9800GT now, and the program access is in the desktop context
    menu - Nother words right click on an empty spot on your desktop; the
    programs will be listed.

    --

    King Herod's Palace of Stone.
    http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/wallpaper/img/2008/12/dec08-05-1280.jpg