MVPS Hosts File blocks Google Street View

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 23, 2010.

  1. On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:20:39 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> The hosts file located here:
    >>
    >> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    >>
    >> blocks Google Street View and all that is visible is a black screen.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have an idea of which entry may be the culprit?
    >>
    >> And for the newbies

    >
    >Nicely ironicised.
    >Open it in a text app that lets you search on a string, dimmy.
    >And if yer dont know which string to use, g00gle it.


    Go save a whale that is encrusted in oil due to Bill Clinton's
    deregulation of off shore oil drilling in 1995, kook.

    For anyone that really wishes to help and actually has an answer, I
    would appreciate it.

    Don't Snutard it.
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 23, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:16:57 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:


    >
    >He's apparently too dumb to know wtf a whitelist is for or how to
    >utilise it:
    >www.google.com/support/forum/p/maps/thread?tid=6453a6f0d6f406c4&hl=en



    Which entry needs to be removed, Snutard? If 'ya don't know, just say
    so, little friend. If I wanted or needed a whitelist, I would have asked
    you to remove your mouth from whichever cock it was wrapped around at
    the time and provide that information.

    Try to stay on topic and answer the question that was asked.
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 24, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:30:10 -0400, Big 666 <> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:20:39 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >>>> The hosts file located here:
    >>>>
    >>>> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    >>>>
    >>>> blocks Google Street View and all that is visible is a black screen.
    >>>>
    >>>> Does anyone have an idea of which entry may be the culprit?
    >>>>
    >>>> And for the newbies
    >>> Nicely ironicised.
    >>> Open it in a text app that lets you search on a string, dimmy.
    >>> And if yer dont know which string to use, g00gle it.

    >>
    >> Go save a whale that is encrusted in oil due to Bill Clinton's
    >> deregulation of off shore oil drilling in 1995, kook.
    >>
    >> For anyone that really wishes to help and actually has an answer, I
    >> would appreciate it.
    >>
    >> Don't Snutard it.

    >
    >Now, now let's not get political here. What about Reagan -- Mr.
    >Deregulation?
    >
    >
    >The way you could do it is to use something like Active Ports, Current
    >Ports or TCPView (all are free) and make your connections normally
    >without the host file. Then you can see the active connections by IP.
    >You can then take the IP and use Arin Whois or Ping by IP, maybe, to get
    >a WWW address.
    >
    >Active Ports and Current Ports can give you the Remote Host Name that
    >can lead you to the WWW too.


    Great idea, 666. Appreciate it.
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 24, 2010
    #3
  4. On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:40:43 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:16:57 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>
    >>>He's apparently too dumb to know wtf a whitelist is for or how to
    >>>utilise it:
    >>>www.google.com/support/forum/p/maps/thread?tid=6453a6f0d6f406c4&hl=en

    >>
    >>
    >> Which entry needs to be removed, Snutard? If 'ya don't know, just say
    >> so, little friend. If I wanted or needed a whitelist, I would have
    >> asked
    >> you to remove your mouth from whichever cock it was wrapped around at
    >> the time and provide that information.
    >>
    >> Try to stay on topic and answer the question that was asked.

    >
    >Did you *read* the forum thread I linked to or do you really need that
    >much hand-holding ffs!
    :mad:
    >
    >Btw, you dont *remove* an entry from HOSTS, you comment it out so it
    >isnt read.
    >Duh.


    Are you going to stick by that statement? You don't remove entries from
    the hosts file if it is deemed necessary?

    You really don't give good computer related advice do you? Stick to
    ranting about how stupid and uneducated the British are, you are much
    better at that.
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 24, 2010
    #4
  5. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:51:06 -0500, Ctrl?/Alt?/Del? wrote:

    > The hosts file located here:
    >
    > http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    >
    > blocks Google Street View and all that is visible is a black screen.
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea of which entry may be the culprit?
    >
    > And for the newbies, don't go "A Clicking" the links listed below.
    >


    Process of elimination.
    Delete 10 items at a time. When street view shows up, you know it's in that
    block.
     
    richard, Jun 24, 2010
    #5
  6. On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:19:58 -0500, richard <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:51:06 -0500, Ctrl?/Alt?/Del? wrote:
    >
    >> The hosts file located here:
    >>
    >> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    >>
    >> blocks Google Street View and all that is visible is a black screen.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have an idea of which entry may be the culprit?
    >>
    >> And for the newbies, don't go "A Clicking" the links listed below.
    >>

    >
    >Process of elimination.
    >Delete 10 items at a time. When street view shows up, you know it's in that
    >block.


    Snutard says you can't delete them and even if you could, it wouldn't
    work.

    LOL.
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 24, 2010
    #6
  7. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:40:43 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:

    > Ctrl?/Alt?/Del? wrote:
    >> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:16:57 -0600, ???hw??f <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>
    >>>He's apparently too dumb to know wtf a whitelist is for or how to
    >>>utilise it:
    >>>www.google.com/support/forum/p/maps/thread?tid=6453a6f0d6f406c4&hl=en

    >>
    >>
    >> Which entry needs to be removed, Snutard? If 'ya don't know, just say
    >> so, little friend. If I wanted or needed a whitelist, I would have
    >> asked
    >> you to remove your mouth from whichever cock it was wrapped around at
    >> the time and provide that information.
    >>
    >> Try to stay on topic and answer the question that was asked.

    >
    > Did you *read* the forum thread I linked to or do you really need that
    > much hand-holding ffs!
    > :(
    >
    > Btw, you dont *remove* an entry from HOSTS, you comment it out so it
    > isnt read.
    > Duh.


    Hey Evan, this smartboy says you can't remove an entry from a standard text
    file.
    Hey dude? How the **** did the entry get in there to begin with? Magic?

    I swear, there are some real dumbasses in this group, and they all rank
    below me.
     
    richard, Jun 24, 2010
    #7
  8. On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:18:36 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:07:10 -0500, richard <>
    >wrote:


    >>
    >>Hey Evan, this smartboy says you can't remove an entry from a standard text
    >>file.

    >
    >Where did he say that? Nowhere I see in the text you quoted.


    It was implied, much as it is a implied conclusion that you are insane
    and lonely.

    Google it.
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 24, 2010
    #8
  9. richard wrote:

    > ???hw??f wrote:
    >> What kind of FILE is HOSTS, you gormless dolt?
    >>
    >> <guffaw>

    >
    > no dumbass. the file is used by a script which uses certain characters
    > for certain things. Just like a "CSS" file is used by an html page.


    What script is that? In what operating system will I find this script?

    The only similarity between HOSTS and a CSS file is they are both text
    files.

    --
    -bts
    -Four wheels carry the body; two wheels move the soul
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 24, 2010
    #9
  10. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:11:57 -0600, ???hw??f wrote:

    > Ctrl?/Alt?/Del? wrote:
    >> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:18:36 -0700, Evan Platt
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:07:10 -0500, richard <>
    >>>wrote:

    >>
    >>>>
    >>>>Hey Evan, this smartboy says you can't remove an entry from a

    >> standard text
    >>>>file.
    >>>
    >>>Where did he say that? Nowhere I see in the text you quoted.

    >>
    >> It was implied,

    >
    > No. With computers its an either or state. I said "yu dont".
    > Not "yu *cant".
    >
    > You're so fucking-stupid you dont know wtf putting ; or # does at the
    > beginning of a line if the file is a SCRIPT.
    >
    >> much as it is a implied conclusion that you are insane
    >> and lonely.
    >>
    >> Google it.

    >
    > What kind of FILE is HOSTS, you gormless dolt?
    >
    > <guffaw>


    no dumbass. the file is used by a script which uses certain characters for
    certain things. Just like a "CSS" file is used by an html page.
     
    richard, Jun 24, 2010
    #10
  11. The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > Shhhh. Don't confuse him with facts.


    <g> I'll bet he saw it in a Mythbusters episode...

    --
    -bts
    -Four wheels carry the body; two wheels move the soul
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 24, 2010
    #11
  12. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    Keith Guest

    On 6/22/10 9:51 PM, in article ,
    "Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€" <Ctrl?/Alt?/Del??@Ctrl?/Alt?/Del??.net> wrote:

    > # [Google Inc]
    > 127.0.0.1 domains.googlesyndication.com #[Parking Service]
    > 127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com #[Google AdWords]
    > 127.0.0.1 adservices.google.com
    > 127.0.0.1 video-stats.video.google.com
    > # 127.0.0.1 ssl.google-analytics.com #[disabled = Firefox issues]
    > 127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com #[Google Analytics]
    > 127.0.0.1 4.afs.googleadservices.com
    > 127.0.0.1 feedads.googleadservices.com
    > 127.0.0.1 imageads.googleadservices.com #[Tracking.Cookie]
    > 127.0.0.1 pagead2.googleadservices.com
    > 127.0.0.1 partner.googleadservices.com
    > 127.0.0.1 www.googleadservices.com


    I would remove these if you are going to be using a Google App software or
    service.


    -- 
    Best Regards, Keith
    http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/
     
    Keith, Jun 24, 2010
    #12
  13. On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:33:35 -0700, Keith <>
    wrote:

    >On 6/22/10 9:51 PM, in article ,
    >"Ctrl€/Alt€/Del€" <Ctrl?/Alt?/Del??@Ctrl?/Alt?/Del??.net> wrote:
    >
    >> # [Google Inc]
    >> 127.0.0.1 domains.googlesyndication.com #[Parking Service]
    >> 127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com #[Google AdWords]
    >> 127.0.0.1 adservices.google.com
    >> 127.0.0.1 video-stats.video.google.com
    >> # 127.0.0.1 ssl.google-analytics.com #[disabled = Firefox issues]
    >> 127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com #[Google Analytics]
    >> 127.0.0.1 4.afs.googleadservices.com
    >> 127.0.0.1 feedads.googleadservices.com
    >> 127.0.0.1 imageads.googleadservices.com #[Tracking.Cookie]
    >> 127.0.0.1 pagead2.googleadservices.com
    >> 127.0.0.1 partner.googleadservices.com
    >> 127.0.0.1 www.googleadservices.com

    >
    >I would remove these if you are going to be using a Google App software or
    >service.
    >
    >
    >-- 
    >Best Regards, Keith
    >http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/



    Thanks for the advice, Keith.

    I realize I could remove all of them but, was looking for the single
    culprit. I may just go through each Google entry one by one until I can
    zero in on the one causing the issue.
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 24, 2010
    #13
  14. On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:15:15 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:19:58 -0500, richard <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:51:06 -0500, Ctrl?/Alt?/Del? wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> The hosts file located here:
    >>>>
    >>>> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    >>>>
    >>>> blocks Google Street View and all that is visible is a black

    >> screen.
    >>>>
    >>>> Does anyone have an idea of which entry may be the culprit?
    >>>>
    >>>> And for the newbies, don't go "A Clicking" the links listed below.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>Process of elimination.
    >>>Delete 10 items at a time. When street view shows up, you know it's

    >> in that
    >>>block.

    >>
    >> Snutard says you can't delete them and even if you could, it wouldn't
    >> work.
    >>
    >> LOL.

    >
    >No, pinhead. "Dont" means "not necessary".
    >You're projecting your own lackluster problem solving skills onto me.
    >
    >No wonder you havent sussed this one out yet.
    >Besides, you gormless cuntflap, the swervers are LISTED in that link to
    >a forum thread I ALREADY GAVE YOU.
    >
    >LULZ!


    Yet, you have no answer and you didn't find the answer on the page you
    linked or you would have listed it here.

    List the entry that makes Google Maps go black or go back to sitting on
    your shampoo bottle while informing posters that entries aren't to be
    removed from a hosts file.

    In the meantime, while you aren't being the normal sphincter sucking
    trollop that you most assuredly are in real life, tell us all again how
    you really know the answer but simply choose not to reveal it.
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 24, 2010
    #14
  15. On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:11:57 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:18:36 -0700, Evan Platt
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:07:10 -0500, richard <>
    >>>wrote:

    >>
    >>>>
    >>>>Hey Evan, this smartboy says you can't remove an entry from a

    >> standard text
    >>>>file.
    >>>
    >>>Where did he say that? Nowhere I see in the text you quoted.

    >>
    >> It was implied,

    >
    >No. With computers its an either or state. I said "yu dont".
    >Not "yu *cant".
    >
    >You're so fucking-stupid you dont know wtf putting ; or # does at the
    >beginning of a line if the file is a SCRIPT.
    >


    And why in the **** would anyone but a snarl toothed nut cupper, such as
    yourself, simply not remove an entry that was causing them problems on a
    page that they visit?

    Don't give any more computer related advice.

    You need to stick to answering the questions that appear on this board
    relating to how to make coffee or why do leaves fall off of trees,
    etc...
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 24, 2010
    #15
  16. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:

    > And why in the **** would anyone but a snarl toothed nut cupper, such
    > as yourself, simply not remove an entry that was causing them
    > problems on a page that they visit?


    It would be better to comment out the entry (with #) plus add a note as
    to *why* .. so you have some inkling six months from now.

    Further, you should keep a separate note of it/them so the next time
    this file is issued, you can "disable them again."

    --
    -bts
    -Four wheels carry the body; two wheels move the soul
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 24, 2010
    #16
  17. On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:49:19 -0400, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >
    >> And why in the **** would anyone but a snarl toothed nut cupper, such
    >> as yourself, simply not remove an entry that was causing them
    >> problems on a page that they visit?

    >
    >It would be better to comment out the entry (with #) plus add a note as
    >to *why* .. so you have some inkling six months from now.
    >
    >Further, you should keep a separate note of it/them so the next time
    >this file is issued, you can "disable them again."


    Why would that be better. I am not above realizing that I am wrong and
    will admit it if so. But, if an entry is causing issues, why not simply
    remove it?

    Why do I still want it listed but not actively blocking an address? If
    you comment it out, it has the same effect as deleting it doesn't it?

    If I comment an entry out, my computer can still possibly be damaged by
    not having that protection just the same as if I were to remove it.
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 24, 2010
    #17
  18. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >>
    >>> And why in the **** would anyone but a snarl toothed nut cupper,
    >>> such as yourself, simply not remove an entry that was causing them
    >>> problems on a page that they visit?

    >>
    >> It would be better to comment out the entry (with #) plus add a note
    >> as to *why* .. so you have some inkling six months from now.
    >>
    >> Further, you should keep a separate note of it/them so the next time
    >> this file is issued, you can "disable them again."

    >
    > Why would that be better. I am not above realizing that I am wrong
    > and will admit it if so. But, if an entry is causing issues, why not
    > simply remove it?


    So you have a record of it, as I said above. If (once removed), you
    realize you should reblock the domain, all you need to do is remove the
    comment mark.

    > Why do I still want it listed but not actively blocking an address?
    > If you comment it out, it has the same effect as deleting it doesn't
    > it?


    Functionally, yes it is the same. But you no longer have a record of it.
    And .. next month or whenever .. the MVPS issues a new version, it will
    have the domain back in the file. That's why I said (for you folks using
    someone else's file) to keep an independent record of what you changed.

    > If I comment an entry out, my computer can still possibly be damaged
    > by not having that protection just the same as if I were to remove
    > it.


    Is that a question?

    --
    -bts
    -Four wheels carry the body; two wheels move the soul
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 24, 2010
    #18
  19. On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:26:37 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:15:15 -0600, §ñühw¤£f <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >>>> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:19:58 -0500, richard <>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>>On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:51:06 -0500, Ctrl?/Alt?/Del? wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> The hosts file located here:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> blocks Google Street View and all that is visible is a black
    >>>> screen.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Does anyone have an idea of which entry may be the culprit?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> And for the newbies, don't go "A Clicking" the links listed

    >> below.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Process of elimination.
    >>>>>Delete 10 items at a time. When street view shows up, you know it's
    >>>> in that
    >>>>>block.
    >>>>
    >>>> Snutard says you can't delete them and even if you could, it

    >> wouldn't
    >>>> work.
    >>>>
    >>>> LOL.
    >>>
    >>>No, pinhead. "Dont" means "not necessary".
    >>>You're projecting your own lackluster problem solving skills onto me.
    >>>
    >>>No wonder you havent sussed this one out yet.
    >>>Besides, you gormless cuntflap, the swervers are LISTED in that link

    >> to
    >>>a forum thread I ALREADY GAVE YOU.
    >>>
    >>>LULZ!

    >>
    >> Yet, you have no answer and you didn't find the answer on the page you
    >> linked or you would have listed it here.
    >>
    >> List the entry that makes Google Maps go black or go back to sitting
    >> on
    >> your shampoo bottle while informing posters that entries aren't to be
    >> removed from a hosts file.
    >>
    >> In the meantime, while you aren't being the normal sphincter sucking
    >> trollop that you most assuredly are in real life, tell us all again
    >> how
    >> you really know the answer but simply choose not to reveal it.
    >>
    >>

    >Grep it yurself, tardlette.
    >Your past fuckwittery gave me ample reason to dangle the prescious in
    >front of your drooling, gaping, odiferous and thourougly toothless maw
    >knowing full well that you'd simply knee-jerk reject the info without
    >serious consideration.
    >I didnt *hide* the answer from you, you decided to be your usual
    >prickish small minded self and failed to see the relevant info.
    >
    >Live in ignorance, bitch.


    In other words, you have no idea which specific entry is causing the
    issue and rather than admit that, you are going to go with the "I know
    but you don't, nah-na-na-nah-na" bit.

    This, to a still-born pillow biter, is much preferable to simply not
    attempting to answer a question that you don't have an answer for.

    The rancid, regurgitated **** that was your mother did the world a
    disservice when she shat you out.
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 25, 2010
    #19
  20. On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:04:07 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:


    > Send in the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMbulance, you fucking crybaby.


    Much as you don't answer questions that you still respond to, when
    someone responds in like to your bizarre rantings, you fold up like one
    of your hookers legs when the payment isn't right.

    What a silly clown you have turned out to be. Frankly, you are not far
    above the demented level of a Platt-like stalker.
     
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jun 25, 2010
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. One-Shot Scot
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    827
    Robert Morgan
    May 23, 2004
  2. Keith (Southend)

    MVPS HOSTs file changed unexpectidely?

    Keith (Southend), May 9, 2006, in forum: Computer Security
    Replies:
    30
    Views:
    1,711
    Jim Byrd
    May 15, 2006
  3. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    450
  4. ~misfit~
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    819
    ~misfit~
    Nov 20, 2009
  5. whisky-dave

    Seagull in Brighton - Google Street View

    whisky-dave, Mar 18, 2010, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    1,534
    Paul Heslop
    Mar 20, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page