    Thanks!!

    Chen

    , Jul 13, 2006

  2. John Holmes Guest

    "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Help!!!
    >
    > About a month ago, a few computers in our company suddently reboot
    > renadomly, as time goes, other computers start to have the same
    > problem. A user would have normal use of the computer and it suddently
    > just reboot it without any warning..
    >
    > This seems getting worser as time goes, more and more computers get it.
    >
    > We have enterprise antivirus software in stalled on each of the
    > computer and nothing report problem in that aspect.
    >
    > In one of the computer, after a set the system-restored to the previous
    > date, it stops.
    >
    > However, the rest of the computer continue to have the same problem,
    > sometime, a computer would be fine for a whole week, then it start it
    > again. Sometime, it can reboot a few times within an hour..
    >
    > Any suggestion would be deeply appreciated..
    >
    > Thanks!!
    >
    > Chen

    Have you tried to contact the administrator?

    --
    You insulting clump of grisly ape vomit.

    John Holmes, Jul 13, 2006

  3. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > Help!!!
    >
    > About a month ago, a few computers in our company suddently reboot
    > renadomly, as time goes, other computers start to have the same
    > problem. A user would have normal use of the computer and it suddently
    > just reboot it without any warning..
    >
    > This seems getting worser as time goes, more and more computers get
    > it.
    >
    > We have enterprise antivirus software in stalled on each of the
    > computer and nothing report problem in that aspect.
    >
    > In one of the computer, after a set the system-restored to the
    > previous date, it stops.
    >
    > However, the rest of the computer continue to have the same problem,
    > sometime, a computer would be fine for a whole week, then it start it
    > again. Sometime, it can reboot a few times within an hour..
    >
    > Any suggestion would be deeply appreciated..
    >
    > Thanks!!
    >
    > Chen

    Are you using Windows? (You didn't say...) And what version? How old is the
    hardware?

    First of all, have you checked the event logs? You might find some hints
    there.

    Second, have you disabled the automatic restart for Windows XP? You might be
    able to get error screens rather than reboots. Then you can read what the
    error screens say.

    Third, have you checked the inside of the system to be sure it is free of
    lint/dust and the cooling fans are running properly?

    Toolman Tim, Jul 14, 2006