Mute locked

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SwissTony, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. SwissTony

    SwissTony Guest

    "noreply@invalid" <> wrote in message
    news:IYoOc.32$...
    > Win 98 O.E.
    >
    > The mute on my P.C appeared to be locked in the mute setting, how do I
    > unlock.

    Probably means that the driver is not installed properly.
    Right click my computer on the desktop, click properties.
    click the device manager tab in the box that pops up.
    Look for any exclamation marks (!!!!!!) next to any of the devices.
    Report back to the newsgroup.

    Gaz
    SwissTony, Jul 30, 2004

    noreply@invalid, Jul 30, 2004

  3. The is a - alongside PCI Communicator in device manager

    noreply@invalid, Jul 30, 2004
  4. SwissTony

    > The is a - alongside PCI Communicator in device manager

    Ok
    right click it then click properties.
    select the driver tab.
    Click update driver or reinstall driver.
    click install automatically then click next.
    It will search for drivers for your hardware and hopefully it will find
    them.

    post back if you have no luck.

    ST
    SwissTony, Jul 31, 2004