    be dead for me so cant look on there. (The Euro site is very basic and
    dosent tell me squat)

    Any info appreciated. :)

    XPD, Oct 19, 2003

  2. XPD wrote:
    > Hiyas,
    >
    > Recently purchased a Mustek v56l5c DVD player and been quite happy
    > with it so far except for one thing..... on home made VCD's it dosent
    > always show the picture until I press the "PBC" button on the remote
    > which then shows on screen "PBC OFF" and the picture appears.
    >
    > Now... wtf is PBC (Playback Control from what Ive found so far)
    > exactly ? When viewing DVD's, this button does not appear to have any
    > effect (apart from PBC ON/OFF appearing).

    On my DVD player, PBC gives you a little index of shots from throughout the
    VCD that you can choose from. Perhaps your DVD player is defaulting to
    trying to display this menu, and is failing for some reason?

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 19, 2003

  3. XPD

    thefly Guest

    "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > XPD wrote:
    > > Hiyas,
    > >
    > > Recently purchased a Mustek v56l5c DVD player and been quite happy
    > > with it so far except for one thing..... on home made VCD's it dosent
    > > always show the picture until I press the "PBC" button on the remote
    > > which then shows on screen "PBC OFF" and the picture appears.
    > >
    > > Now... wtf is PBC (Playback Control from what Ive found so far)
    > > exactly ? When viewing DVD's, this button does not appear to have any
    > > effect (apart from PBC ON/OFF appearing).

    > On my DVD player, PBC gives you a little index of shots from throughout

    the
    > VCD that you can choose from. Perhaps your DVD player is defaulting to
    > trying to display this menu, and is failing for some reason?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    From memory it depends on how the vcd is authored, pbc will only work if pbc
    functions have been included when authoring the vcd. My vcd's have no pbc
    functions as I made these vcd's myself and included no pbc functions, you
    have to make a special effort to include pbc functions, they are not
    automatic.

    thefly, Oct 19, 2003
  4. XPD

    helmboy Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > Now... wtf is PBC (Playback Control from what Ive found so far) exactly ?
    > When viewing DVD's, this button does not appear to have any effect (apart
    > from PBC ON/OFF appearing).

    PBC or Playback Control gives you the ability to select on a VCD that
    has multiple tracks/titles a specific track/title from a thumbnail
    screen. When it's off the player just plays all tracks/titles from
    start to finish.

    Most VCDs that are compiliant with the vers. 1.1 or 2.0 white book
    spec. are only authored with one or two tracks/titles.

    These are referenced by the .DAT files in the MPEGAV directory on the
    ISO 9660 section of the disk.

    helmboy, Oct 27, 2003