MUST READ - Tips & Tricks for preparing for Windows C# exam (70-31

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by =?Utf-8?B?UmFqYQ==?=, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. I passed the Windows C# exam yesterday (May31st) with a score of 820. I have
    a short list of my observations here

    * 42 Questions in 150 minutes - You will NEVER EVER run out of time on this
    exam

    * Only 1 question was a "Select all Correct choices". All others EXPLICITLY
    STATED "Select 2" or "Select 3" - If you were a little frustrated with
    getting the "Select All" questions wrong in the practice tests, don't be !

    * Very heavy on ADO.Net - Amit Kalani's book (http://tinyurl.com/64coq)
    coverage of ADO.Net is NOT SUFFICIENT ! Read the classic David Sceppa's
    ADO.Net tome (http://tinyurl.com/5fad9) or atleast do some sort of pre-prep
    on ADO.Net !

    * Fair coverage of all topics - DON'T SKIP reading chapters in Amit's book.
    You do need to know atleast something about everything !

    * If the question+answers span more than the screen real-estate and you
    choose the correct answer without scrolling down, you get the annoying pop-up
    window saying "You have not read the entire question blah blah blah ..." -
    GRIN & BEAR !

    * READ MSDN - This link is an excellent resource for doing that
    (http://tinyurl.com/9s8nk)

    I also used Jesse Liberty's "Programming C#" book (http://tinyurl.com/8cgvl)
    as a starter to learn C#. Of course, you may not need this if you're already
    an expert in C# !

    Onto 70-320 .....

    Proud of preparing & doing the exam the hard way WITHOUT any STUPID DUMPS,
    Raja.

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFqYQ==?=, Jun 1, 2005