    recording I've got zilch!
    Help
    Gary

    Gary, Nov 14, 2006

  2. Gary

    nobody > Guest

    Gary wrote:
    > Hi....
    > I've used this for about 10 years and use it to burn cd's, and to
    > record audio from cassettes, etc. with great results. Lately I can't
    > do it anymore. I feed the input jack and hear it on the cpu. But after
    > recording I've got zilch!
    > Help
    > Gary

    Do you mean that you can't record to the hard drive or that you can't
    record to CD?

    By "hear it on the CPU" do you mean that your source music plays from
    the computer's speakers?

    I'm guessing that your CD burner has passed on to that computer parts
    graveyard. It's not unusual, I've had 5 of them die over the past years.
    They are cheap.

    nobody >, Nov 14, 2006

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 05:48:11 GMT, "nobody >"
    <> wrote:

    >Gary wrote:
    >> Hi....
    >> I've used this for about 10 years and use it to burn cd's, and to
    >> record audio from cassettes, etc. with great results. Lately I can't
    >> do it anymore. I feed the input jack and hear it on the cpu. But after
    >> recording I've got zilch!
    >> Help
    >> Gary

    >Do you mean that you can't record to the hard drive or that you can't
    >record to CD?

    I can't record to the hard drive. I still burn cds.I've not had
    MusicMatch on this cpu but on several cpus. Every cpu I've bought Ive
    again d/l MM. This one I've had for about 4 years. Something flukey
    must have happened.

    >By "hear it on the CPU" do you mean that your source music plays from
    >the computer's speakers?

    The music I'm recording is fed to an input jack on my cpu and I hear
    it as it is supposed to be recording.On an older cpu the software is
    still working fine.

    >I'm guessing that your CD burner has passed on to that computer parts
    >graveyard. It's not unusual, I've had 5 of them die over the past years.
    > They are cheap.

    Thanks

    Gary, Nov 14, 2006
  4. Gary

    Art Guest

    It sounds like your record input is turned down.

    Double click the little speaker in the lower right tray to bring up the
    Windows mixer. That's the PLAY mixer. If the LINE IN is turned up, you'll
    hear the music on your computer speakers when you play the cassette.

    But that has nothing to do with whether it's getting recorded. Go to the
    upper left corner of the mixer and click
    OPTIONS > PROPERTIES > RECORDING to get the RECORD mixer.

    On that mixer, make sure the LINE IN volume is up, and other inputs are
    muted.

    Many kinds of software will mess with that mixer. For instance, using voice
    recognition software will often switch that mixer to the mic input. So it
    may have changed without you deliberately resetting it.

    Art, Nov 15, 2006
  5. Gary

    Gary Guest

    On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:33:16 -0600, "Art" <> wrote:

    >It sounds like your record input is turned down.
    >
    >Double click the little speaker in the lower right tray to bring up the
    >Windows mixer. That's the PLAY mixer. If the LINE IN is turned up, you'll
    >hear the music on your computer speakers when you play the cassette.
    >
    >But that has nothing to do with whether it's getting recorded. Go to the
    >upper left corner of the mixer and click
    >OPTIONS > PROPERTIES > RECORDING to get the RECORD mixer.
    >
    >On that mixer, make sure the LINE IN volume is up, and other inputs are
    >muted.
    >
    >Many kinds of software will mess with that mixer. For instance, using voice
    >recognition software will often switch that mixer to the mic input. So it
    >may have changed without you deliberately resetting it.
    >

    >"Gary" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 05:48:11 GMT, "nobody >"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Do you mean that you can't record to the hard drive or that you can't
    >>>record to CD?

    >> I can't record to the hard drive. I still burn cds.I've not had
    >> MusicMatch on this cpu but on several cpus. Every cpu I've bought Ive
    >> again d/l MM. This one I've had for about 4 years. Something flukey
    >> must have happened.
    >>>
    >>>By "hear it on the CPU" do you mean that your source music plays from
    >>>the computer's speakers?

    >> The music I'm recording is fed to an input jack on my cpu and I hear
    >> it as it is supposed to be recording.On an older cpu the software is
    >> still working fine.
    >>>
    >>>I'm guessing that your CD burner has passed on to that computer parts
    >>>graveyard. It's not unusual, I've had 5 of them die over the past years.
    >>> They are cheap.

    >> Thanks

    Thanks but audio not muted and control up. Still nothing on playback.
    It worked so well always,too. I'm communicating with tech help at
    MM.too but nothing yet! Are you familar with RadioReplay.? This prob
    started I beleive after that installation. That software worked at the
    start but no loger works. It detects a firewall but to the best of my
    knowlege there's none
    Gary

    Gary, Nov 20, 2006