    all my data) (restore to an earlier date didn't work, it's a read only
    file), just because I didn't like their product? By the way, try at
    your own risk, but it really is inferior to Window Media Player.
    John Eye, Feb 20, 2004

  2. John Eye

    Harrison Guest

    On 19 Feb 2004 21:56:59 -0800, (John Eye) wrote:

    >I downloaded free trial of mj. First cd I ripped contained only their
    >32 second "ad" (obnoxious!!!) "UPGRADE NOW TO JUKEBOX PLUS!!! "
    >"I don't need this shit, my WMP9 works great". Uninstall, go back to
    >WMP, attempt to burn, get error message, "cd drive is in use". Turns
    >out it was a read only file planted on to my cd drive, with the same
    >'UPGRADE' message, which not only prevented me from burning cd's, but
    >would also run the ad on its own accord, no prompt needed! In other
    >words, it completly took over my player, leaving me only one option to
    >save the music I had already recorded onto Total Recorder; that was,
    >to download Jukebox Plus. I took advantage of the free 30 day trial
    >period, burned all my cds, uninstalled Plus, and then found they had
    >billed me the 19.99. Emailed them, they said they hadn't billed me.
    >Emailed again, didn't hear back. After 30 days from start of "free"
    >trial, went to my bank, got copy of my statement, emailed asking for
    >their fax address, so I could have bank send copy,: got refund. What
    >is wrong with these people? They force me to do a system restore (lose
    >all my data) (restore to an earlier date didn't work, it's a read only
    >file), just because I didn't like their product? By the way, try at
    >your own risk, but it really is inferior to Window Media Player.

    Who the Hell are you talking to?
    This isn't software review weekly.
    Harrison, Feb 20, 2004

  3. John Eye

    LO&MsLO Guest

    I had my own problems with MusicMatch that also included billing. I
    was billed 4 times one day and 3 the next. Once I got that
    straightened out no more problems. But I don't use MMJ for burning
    (it's a JukeBox program..not a CD burning program. Makes about as much
    sense as using OE for the binary newsgroups). I never had a problem
    with burning with Nero after I downloaded the trial MMJ.

    Read only file? Did you think about right clicking on it and changing
    the properties and then deleting it? How about booting to DOS and
    deleting it that way? Lost data? No backups?

    My last question is..there is free help screaming at you all over your
    screen. Did I miss your post?

    John

    LO&MsLO, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Howdy!

    "John Eye" <> wrote in message

    <tale of woe with MMJB deleted>

    > By the way, try at
    > your own risk, but it really is inferior to Window Media Player.

    And THAT, friends, is about the worst thing you can say about ANY
    media player.

    John - try WinAmp. Even the 5.01 version is so much better than WMP
    7.0 and above it's scary ...

    Or Media Player Classic, although it won't burn CDs for you (which I
    have Nero for, so I'm not hurting <B-) )

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Feb 21, 2004
  5. John Eye

    dark elf Guest

    "Ralph Wade Phillips" <> wrote in message
    > Howdy!
    >
    > "John Eye" <> wrote in message
    >
    > <tale of woe with MMJB deleted>
    >
    > > By the way, try at
    > > your own risk, but it really is inferior to Window Media Player.

    > And THAT, friends, is about the worst thing you can say about ANY
    > media player.
    >
    > John - try WinAmp. Even the 5.01 version is so much better than

    WMP
    > 7.0 and above it's scary ...
    >
    > Or Media Player Classic, although it won't burn CDs for you (which

    > have Nero for, so I'm not hurting <B-) )
    >
    > RwP

    Actually I've used Music Match for a long time now for listening to music
    and burning cd's and haven't had any problems. Go figure.
    dark elf, Feb 21, 2004
  6. John Eye

    Shagrat Guest

    For converting WAV to MP3 and general MP3 management I love MMJ. Wouldn`t be
    without it. Never had any trouble apart from the WMA plug in. Doesn`t like
    WMA files much.

    Shagrat, Feb 21, 2004
  7. John Eye

    John Guest

    If you take up the upgrades on this programme, you'll
    find *your* kind of music available 24/7 in CD quality.
    It will cost you a few quid, but it's well worth it.

    John.
    =======================================

    John, Feb 21, 2004
  8. Howdy!

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > If you take up the upgrades on this programme, you'll
    > find *your* kind of music available 24/7 in CD quality.
    > It will cost you a few quid, but it's well worth it.

    a) How would you know what kind of music I like?

    b) Can't cost me any quid - I'm in the USA.

    c) WHICH program?

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Feb 21, 2004
  9. John Eye

    John Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:15:53 -0600, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
    <> wrote:

    >Howdy!
    >
    >"John" <> wrote in message
    >> If you take up the upgrades on this programme, you'll
    >> find *your* kind of music available 24/7 in CD quality.
    >> It will cost you a few quid, but it's well worth it.

    > a) How would you know what kind of music I like?
    >
    > b) Can't cost me any quid - I'm in the USA.
    >
    > c) WHICH program?
    >
    > RwP

    Hi Ralph.
    Here in the UK. we aren't allowed to upgrade as far
    as MX Platinum, which would allow us access to "Artist on Demand,
    which is literally what it says.

    Even within this restriction, it's a marvellous service. You Americans
    are lucky to be able to enjoy the *whole* range of music.

    Yes of course it should have been US Dollars for you.

    Either way it's a tremendous service.

    John.

    John, Feb 21, 2004

    Misa Mirkovic, Feb 21, 2004
  11. Howdy!

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:15:53 -0600, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Howdy!
    > >
    > >"John" <> wrote in message
    > >> If you take up the upgrades on this programme, you'll
    > >> find *your* kind of music available 24/7 in CD quality.
    > >> It will cost you a few quid, but it's well worth it.

    > > a) How would you know what kind of music I like?
    > >
    > > b) Can't cost me any quid - I'm in the USA.
    > >
    > > c) WHICH program?
    > >
    > > RwP

    > Hi Ralph.
    > Here in the UK. we aren't allowed to upgrade as far
    > as MX Platinum, which would allow us access to "Artist on Demand,
    > which is literally what it says.
    >
    > Even within this restriction, it's a marvellous service. You Americans
    > are lucky to be able to enjoy the *whole* range of music.
    >
    > Yes of course it should have been US Dollars for you.
    >
    > Either way it's a tremendous service.
    >
    > John.

    All I can figure out is that you're talking about MusicMatch
    Jukebox - since WinAMP doesn't offer anything like that (although there IS
    http://www.shoutcast.com for the streaming audio fans - such as I am!)

    And why would I want a bloated, slow, inferior package such as MMJB,
    if WinAMP does the job nicely?

    Just curious ...

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Feb 22, 2004
  12. John Eye

    John Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:51:53 -0600, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
    <> wrote:

    >Howdy!
    >
    >"John" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:15:53 -0600, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Howdy!
    >> >
    >> >"John" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > a) How would you know what kind of music I like?
    >> >
    >> > b) Can't cost me any quid - I'm in the USA.
    >> >
    >> > c) WHICH program?
    >> >
    >> > RwP

    >> Hi Ralph.
    >> Here in the UK. we aren't allowed to upgrade as far
    >> as MX Platinum, which would allow us access to "Artist on Demand,
    >> which is literally what it says.
    >>
    >> Even within this restriction, it's a marvellous service. You Americans
    >> are lucky to be able to enjoy the *whole* range of music.
    >>
    >> Yes of course it should have been US Dollars for you.
    >>
    >> Either way it's a tremendous service.
    >>
    >> John.
    >> >

    > All I can figure out is that you're talking about MusicMatch
    >Jukebox - since WinAMP doesn't offer anything like that (although there IS
    >http://www.shoutcast.com for the streaming audio fans - such as I am!)
    >
    > And why would I want a bloated, slow, inferior package such as MMJB,
    >if WinAMP does the job nicely?
    >
    > Just curious ...
    >
    > RwP

    Ralph.
    Sorry if I confused the issue but yes, I was talking of Music
    Match. I find it to be exacttly what I need.

    I can't comment on "streaming," indeed I'm not at all sure what
    the term means, or what soft/hard ware is required. I'd be happy
    to have it explained to me - in words of one syllable please - as at
    my age, the learning curve is very, very steep.

    John.
    John, Feb 22, 2004