    how would one go about embedding a song into an email...not an
    attachment...i just want it so when the person opens it up a song starts to
    play? using outlook 2000
    Flagg, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Flagg

    Jerry G. Guest

    I don't think you can do this with Outlook 2000. You can do this very
    easily with Outlook Express. I found Outlook Express to be better for
    composing emails, even though it does not have all the other fancy options
    that are in Outlook 2000.

    MS Word can be used for composing emails. Outlook 2000 can be configured to
    use Word as its editor. Buried in Word, in the email mode, there is a way to
    embed sound. I have not done this, but I am sure it is in there.

    You can also compose email in Frontpage. This is another feat. Your emails
    will have to be written as if they are a webpage. You can then do some very
    sophisticated emails!

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Dec 25, 2003

  3. Flagg

    Pepperoni Guest

    You can include the song as the background sound in the HTML. In OE, open a
    new message and format/background/sound. add the path to the music file.
    (check the box for continuous replay) Html must be enabled, so it won't work
    well in newsgroups.

    This is the same way you choose stationary color and theme, so you can
    save your favorite stationary with sound included. You can write your own
    design with sound, bars and buttons and even background pictures. Remember
    to name and save your favorites to your stationery list.

    Pepperoni, Dec 25, 2003