music

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Sep 25, 2010.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    philo, Sep 25, 2010

  2. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/25/2010 5:12 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > http://squeezettes.com/
    >

    > saw them last night
    >
    > a lot of fun!

    Sure glad you enjoyed and had fun,.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Sep 25, 2010

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    On 09/25/2010 05:41 PM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    > On 9/25/2010 5:12 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> http://squeezettes.com/
    >>

    >> saw them last night
    >>
    >> a lot of fun!

    > Sure glad you enjoyed and had fun,.

    Yeah

    unfortunately it was a memorial service for a friend of ours who
    committed suicide but damn

    the music was sure good
    philo, Sep 25, 2010
  4. philo

    chuckcar Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > http://squeezettes.com/

    That's the one type of music I never personally cared for, but admired
    the tenacity of. When I was growing up, there were *two* bands known for
    polka music (at least recording records) - one was a Canadian with a
    polish name (Ostanek) (who obviously moved after the war *to* Canada)
    and the other was Wierd Al's father. That's got to be worth something.
    Every year one or the other would win the Grammy.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 26, 2010
  5. philo

    thanatoid Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    <snip>

    > unfortunately it was a memorial service for a friend of
    > ours who committed suicide but damn

    Be happy for your friend who is no longer in hell. Just because
    most people labor under the illusion that life is pleasant, does
    /not/ mean it is pleasant, or even bearable, for everyone.

    --
    "Anytime I hear the word "culture", I reach for my iPad."
    - 21st Century Humanoid
    thanatoid, Sep 26, 2010
  6. philo

    thanatoid Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > On 09/25/2010 07:50 PM, thanatoid wrote:

    <snip>

    >> Be happy for your friend who is no longer in hell. Just
    >> because most people labor under the illusion that life is
    >> pleasant, does /not/ mean it is pleasant, or even
    >> bearable, for everyone.

    > she blew her head off with a shot gun

    She must have really known her stuff. Most people using a
    shotgun lose an ear at best, and some furniture.

    > she must really have wanted to get the hell out of here.
    >
    > my biggest problem is that I am too frickin' optimistic

    Don't despair, you still have enough time left on this planet to
    be cured of that.

    ;-)

    thanatoid, Sep 26, 2010
  7. philo

    philo Guest

    On 09/25/2010 08:13 PM, thanatoid wrote:
    > philo<> wrote in
    >
    >> On 09/25/2010 07:50 PM, thanatoid wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    >>> Be happy for your friend who is no longer in hell. Just
    >>> because most people labor under the illusion that life is
    >>> pleasant, does /not/ mean it is pleasant, or even
    >>> bearable, for everyone.

    >> she blew her head off with a shot gun

    > She must have really known her stuff. Most people using a
    > shotgun lose an ear at best, and some furniture.
    >
    >> she must really have wanted to get the hell out of here.
    >>
    >> my biggest problem is that I am too frickin' optimistic

    > Don't despair, you still have enough time left on this planet to
    > be cured of that.
    >
    > ;-)

    I guess Wendy O Williams also blew her head off with a shot-gun

    anyway to cheer you up I'll repost this:

    feeling suicidal
    i walked into a gun shop and asked for a weapon.

    three day waiting period sir.

    three days ?
    i yelled.

    three days ?
    i screamed.

    three days?
    i whimpered.

    goddam...
    i could be dead by then.
    philo, Sep 26, 2010
  8. philo

    chuckcar Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > On 09/25/2010 07:43 PM, chuckcar wrote:
    >> philo<> wrote in
    >>
    >>> http://squeezettes.com/
    >>>

    >> That's the one type of music I never personally cared for, but
    >> admired the tenacity of. When I was growing up, there were *two*
    >> bands known for polka music (at least recording records) - one was a
    >> Canadian with a polish name (Ostanek) (who obviously moved after the
    >> war *to* Canada) and the other was Wierd Al's father. That's got to
    >> be worth something. Every year one or the other would win the Grammy.
    >>

    > when I was a kid I hated polka music
    > and I hated country western music

    I didn't. I it just didn't appeal to me. Like Funk. I never liked it.

    > especially Hank Williams

    Well we have a "clone" of his up here: Sneezy Waters. Even did the
    movie,

    We have our country cliques and yes they're just as annoying as the US
    ones if not more so. It's like being a Karate expert seated next to the
    biggest professional Wrestling fan in the world at a bar.

    > now I get a real kick out of polka music
    >
    > really enjoy C&W

    I don't know if this point made it through, but Polka is *German* music.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 26, 2010
  9. philo

    chuckcar Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > On 09/25/2010 08:13 PM, thanatoid wrote:
    >> philo<> wrote in

    > feeling suicidal
    > i walked into a gun shop and asked for a weapon.
    >
    > three day waiting period sir.
    >
    > three days ?
    > i yelled.
    >
    > three days ?
    > i screamed.
    >
    > three days?
    > i whimpered.
    >
    > goddam...
    > i could be dead by then.

    There's a comedy sketch (ala who's on third) in that somewhere even if
    very dark.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 26, 2010
  10. philo

    philo Guest

    On 09/25/2010 08:46 PM, chuckcar wrote:
    > philo<> wrote in
    >
    >> On 09/25/2010 08:13 PM, thanatoid wrote:
    >>> philo<> wrote in

    >> feeling suicidal
    >> i walked into a gun shop and asked for a weapon.
    >>
    >> three day waiting period sir.
    >>
    >> three days ?
    >> i yelled.
    >>
    >> three days ?
    >> i screamed.
    >>
    >> three days?
    >> i whimpered.
    >>
    >> goddam...
    >> i could be dead by then.

    > There's a comedy sketch (ala who's on third) in that somewhere even if
    > very dark.

    yep

    "dark comedy" is my middle name
    philo, Sep 26, 2010
  11. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/25/2010 8:01 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On 09/25/2010 07:50 PM, thanatoid wrote:
    >> philo<> wrote in
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>> unfortunately it was a memorial service for a friend of
    >>> ours who committed suicide but damn

    <Snip>
    > she blew her head off with a shot gun
    >
    > she must really have wanted to get the hell out of here.
    >

    > my biggest problem is that I am too frickin' optimistic

    Sorry to hear, all will be well I am sure.
    OldGringo38, Sep 26, 2010
  12. philo

    philo Guest

    On 09/26/2010 12:17 AM, Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 01:46:14 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> There's a comedy sketch (ala who's on third) in that somewhere even if
    >> very dark.

    > Who's on *third*?
    >
    > Must be something new.

    I'm sure he meant "who's on first"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

    a thousand variations have sprung from it
    philo, Sep 26, 2010
  13. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/26/2010 7:36 AM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On 09/25/2010 09:37 PM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 9/25/2010 8:01 PM Just to please that super-ego, philo wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >> <Snip>
    >>> she blew her head off with a shot gun
    >>>
    >>> she must really have wanted to get the hell out of here.
    >>>

    >>> my biggest problem is that I am too frickin' optimistic
    >>>

    >> Sorry to hear, all will be well I am sure.

    > yes
    >
    > It came as a big surprise to most ...
    >
    > we knew she was a bit withdrawn lately
    >

    > but just before she killed herself she showed up at a social event...
    > so we thought she was pulling out of it.
    >
    > In retrospect we now know it was simply her way of saying "good bye" to
    > all of us

    M G how sad. I guess it is hard to detect the inner secrets people hide.

    OldGringo38, Sep 26, 2010