    Is there a shareware software package out there that will allow you to
    remove the words from a song?

    Warm Regards
    Taishi, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Taishi

    Bobby Tupper Guest

    "Taishi" <> wrote in message
    news:cMBgb.2458$...
    > Is there a shareware software package out there that will allow you to
    > remove the words from a song?
    >
    > Warm Regards

    Would it not be easier to download the score?
    Bobby Tupper, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Taishi

    HamMan Guest

    "Taishi" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a shareware software package out there that will allow you to
    > remove the words from a song?
    >
    > Warm Regards

    You could try getting Word XP to do it, not much chance though
    HamMan, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Taishi

    EricP Guest

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:23:36 GMT, "Taishi" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there a shareware software package out there that will allow you to
    >remove the words from a song?
    >
    >Warm Regards

    No, because the words are just a *noise* on the recording. You can
    filter particular frequencies out but you will lose sound you want as
    well.

    This of course assume you don't have a multi-track recording where
    the vocal is on it's own track.
    EricP, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Taishi

    Kenny Guest

    11,000 hits on Google.
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vocal remover&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=
    Most of these programs work by cancelling out the vocal frequencies equally
    in each channel but when the vocal track is not equal it can't remove it
    completely. It also removes parts of the music if it's in the same
    frequency range as voice. Try more than one to see which works best.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Taishi

    Eric Guest

    Eric, Oct 7, 2003
  7. Taishi

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Taishi continued:

    > Is there a shareware software package out there that will allow you to
    > remove the words from a song?
    >
    > Warm Regards

    Try sticking your fingers in your ears.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 7, 2003
  8. Taishi

    Professor Guest

    You need a wave editing program like CoolEdit which has a trial version that
    you can use for a month. There are also some that allow unlimeted use but
    Cooledit is the best one.

    Professor, Oct 8, 2003
  9. Taishi

    Harrison Guest

    If you want to cancel out the words while an mp3 is playing (Karaoke),
    there is a really neat WinAmp plugin which works nicely.
    http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/vremover.htm

    Harrison, Oct 8, 2003