    plug-in. I downloaded QT from the menu as suggested by the error
    message. Thanks in advance.

    Gregg
    totsob, Dec 1, 2004

  2. totsob

    Chuck Guest

    > When I open my website http://fowlerservices.net, the music will not play
    > and I get an error message saying that I have to download a plug-in. I
    > downloaded Quicktime and I still get the same error message. I already had
    > WMP. The page opens just fine and music plays in IE. Could someone help me
    > with how I can get Firefox to recognize and utilize the plug-in. I
    > downloaded QT from the menu as suggested by the error message. Thanks in
    > advance.

    I've been posting about this in this ng and in the mozilla forums for about
    two weeks. I get the same thing for Real Player as well. Since it appears
    to work for most, but not for a few, I have not gotten a solution yet. Even
    though I follow the directions exactly and select the defaults, FF will not
    recognize these two plugins. They are listed in my About:plugins, but they
    still prompt me for missing plugins.

    It appears as if it is a configuration issue (not sure why when I'm
    selecting the defaults during install), therefore no one has been able to
    give specific info as to why it doesn't work. Thee both worked fine prior
    to using the most recent version of FF.

    I have QT 6.5.2 and RP 10.5 installed, both were uninstalled and reinstalled
    after the upgrade to the latest FF version. The sites that require it still
    prompt me for missing plugins every time I visit and are still not
    functioning properly.
    Chuck, Dec 2, 2004

  3. totsob

    Chuck Guest

    FWIW, I played with the MIME settings and was able to get the midi sound
    from your site and others that are midi music only. However, it still
    doesn't load movies, etc. on some sites like it should.
    Chuck, Dec 2, 2004
  4. totsob

    totsob Guest

    Chuck wrote:
    > FWIW, I played with the MIME settings and was able to get the midi sound
    > from your site and others that are midi music only. However, it still
    > doesn't load movies, etc. on some sites like it should.

    Could you give me the specifics. I tried to change the plugin for midi
    sound without success.

    Thanks
    totsob, Dec 2, 2004
  5. totsob

    siulo Guest

    Can Quicktime play MP3 inside Firefox as a plugin? It works perfectly with MIDI file in a web page but failed to play MP3 file.

    Or MP3 audio file is not supported by Quicktime?

    Thank you.

    --
    Firefox and Thunderbird
    siulo, Dec 2, 2004
  6. totsob

    Chuck Guest

    >> FWIW, I played with the MIME settings and was able to get the midi sound
    >> from your site and others that are midi music only. However, it still
    >> doesn't load movies, etc. on some sites like it should.

    > Could you give me the specifics. I tried to change the plugin for midi
    > sound without success.

    Go to control panel -> QuickTime. Select Browser Plug-in and then go to the
    MIME settings at the bottom. Make sure the only boxes checked are QuickTime
    movie in the video section and MIDI file in the audio section.
    Chuck, Dec 2, 2004
  7. totsob

    Tom Betz Guest

    "Chuck" <> wrote in

    >> When I open my website http://fowlerservices.net, the music will not
    >> play and I get an error message saying that I have to download a
    >> plug-in. I downloaded Quicktime and I still get the same error
    >> message. I already had WMP. The page opens just fine and music plays
    >> in IE. Could someone help me with how I can get Firefox to recognize
    >> and utilize the plug-in. I downloaded QT from the menu as suggested
    >> by the error message. Thanks in advance.

    > I've been posting about this in this ng and in the mozilla forums for
    > about two weeks.

    My solution for situations where plugins (in my case, Flash) that used to
    work before a Firefox upgrade stopped working after the upgrade has been
    to create a new profile and re-install any extensions, themes, etc. that
    were profile-specific.

    It has worked for me so far.

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every
    Tom Betz, Dec 2, 2004
  8. totsob

    totsob Guest

    Chuck wrote:
    >>>FWIW, I played with the MIME settings and was able to get the midi sound
    >>>from your site and others that are midi music only. However, it still
    >>>doesn't load movies, etc. on some sites like it should.

    > > Could you give me the specifics. I tried to change the plugin for midi

    >>sound without success.

    > Go to control panel -> QuickTime. Select Browser Plug-in and then go to the
    > MIME settings at the bottom. Make sure the only boxes checked are QuickTime
    > movie in the video section and MIDI file in the audio section.

    Thanks Chuck. Did just as you suggested and the music played. Funny
    thing is I still got the message that I needed to install a plug-in even
    though the music played.

    Thanks again,
    Gregg
    totsob, Dec 2, 2004