    onto an MP3 player.

    Thanks,
    Jo
    Mel, Sep 21, 2007

  2. Mel

    who'sthat Guest

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:58:56 -0400, Mel <> wrote:

    >I went to download Windows media player 11 and when it asked
    >to run or save I didn't know what to do. I have Windows
    >media player 10. Are there any other choices that I'll run
    >into trying to download?
    >
    >Meanwhile, since I couldn't do that I tried an icon that's
    >been on my desktop which I've never opened. It's Nero
    >StartSmart. It seems to be a program that does all the
    >music stuff the others do. I also have Quick Time Player.
    >Do I need all of these? Should I uninstall any?
    >
    >My main interest is to be able to put some music from my CDs
    >onto an MP3 player.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Jo

    WMP 11 is just an upgrade. Google WMP 11 and read up on it to see if
    you want to install it. If you do just hit "run" and that will install
    it on your system. There is no need to save it.

    Nero is a complete CD\DVD burning system. Google Nero and read about
    it.

    QuickTime is a media player like WMP but it plays files with a .mov
    extension. Personally I don't like it for many reason so again, Google
    Quick Time and then decide but you will need to view some multimedia
    files.

    You're new...use Google.
    who'sthat, Sep 21, 2007

  3. Mel

    Kenny Guest

    I too don't like QuickTime and use QT Alternative with Winamp.
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Sep 21, 2007
  4. Mel

    who'sthat Guest

    Personally I like MusicMatch for MP3s because I have all the ID tag
    info added and I like seeing the album art from back in the old days

    And I've never used QT Alternative but I should give it a look because
    of the tracking QT does unless you know how to disable it.

    who'sthat, Sep 21, 2007
  5. Mel

    Kenny Guest

    Same thing with Real Player, there's Real Alternative and a good alternative
    to Acrobat Reader is Foxit.

    Kenny, Sep 21, 2007