    A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of
    treacle, and melted under the gate -
    Elizabeth Lemarchand

    Bev, Jun 18, 2006

  2. On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:13:42 +1200, in rec.photo.digital "Bev"
    <> wrote:

    >I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music to my
    >slideshow, Thanks.

    As long as you don't post it to the web. Otherwise programs such as Ulead's
    Picture Show allow this.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jun 18, 2006

  3. Bev

    Mark² Guest

    Bev wrote:
    > I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music
    > to my slideshow, Thanks.
    >
    > Bev

    ProShow Gold has no equal.
    Download it (or a free demo) from www.photodex.com

    -Mark²

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Jun 18, 2006
  4. Bev

    Guest

    Bev wrote:
    > I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music to my
    > slideshow, Thanks.
    >
    > Bev

    Hey Bev, get Wondershare Slideshow Software to have a try! Add music to
    your slideshow just need a simple click. It can be added for each slide
    or as background music. Enjoy! http://www3.photo2vcd.com

    , Jun 19, 2006
  5. Bev

    Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > Bev wrote:
    >> I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music
    >> to my slideshow, Thanks.
    >>
    >> Bev

    > Hey Bev, get Wondershare Slideshow Software to have a try! Add music
    > to your slideshow just need a simple click. It can be added for each
    > slide or as background music. Enjoy! http://www3.photo2vcd.com

    I think you'll find that ProShow has far more output options and rendering
    quality second to none.
    -But you don't have to take my word for it...
    ....Download the free trial and see for yourself.
    Then you can make an informed decision, and you won't have to worry about my
    bias, or anyone else's bias.
    :)
    -Mark

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Jun 19, 2006
  6. Bev

    k-man Guest

    Cheapest way is to find some freeware Javascript slideshow code that
    displays your pics while keeping the web page url constant (i.e.,
    doesn't switch to p1.htm, p2.htm, p3.htm) and play a wav file. You'll
    be able to see your pics while listening to music.

    Kevin

    k-man, Jun 19, 2006
  7. Bev

    Bev Guest

    "k-man" <> wrote in message
    > Cheapest way is to find some freeware Javascript slideshow code that
    > displays your pics while keeping the web page url constant (i.e.,
    > doesn't switch to p1.htm, p2.htm, p3.htm) and play a wav file. You'll
    > be able to see your pics while listening to music.
    >
    > Kevin
    >

    > Bev wrote:
    >> I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music to
    >> my
    >> slideshow, Thanks.
    >>
    >> Bev

    Thanks for the replies. They've been a help.

    Bev

    Bev, Jun 20, 2006
  8. Bev

    Mike Fields Guest

    > wrote:
    >> Bev wrote:
    >>> I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music
    >>> to my slideshow, Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> Bev

    >> Hey Bev, get Wondershare Slideshow Software to have a try! Add music
    >> to your slideshow just need a simple click. It can be added for each
    >> slide or as background music. Enjoy! http://www3.photo2vcd.com

    > I think you'll find that ProShow has far more output options and
    > rendering quality second to none.
    > -But you don't have to take my word for it...
    > ...Download the free trial and see for yourself.
    > Then you can make an informed decision, and you won't have to worry
    > about my bias, or anyone else's bias.
    > :)
    > -Mark

    Be aware that in my experience, Proshow (at least version 2.5)
    will not run under a limited user account. Yes, I have contacted
    Photodex and they admit it is a problem and according to them
    are going to change the web page FAQ where it indicates that
    it will run, just problems with burning under limited user accounts
    (I can provide a copy of the response from their support if you
    want ... ). That said, I still think it is one of the better ones
    around and worth the $ that I paid for it - just be aware of
    issues with limited users running it (XP Pro, SP2).

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Jun 21, 2006
  9. Bev

    Mark² Guest

    Mike Fields wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> Hey Bev, get Wondershare Slideshow Software to have a try! Add music
    >>> to your slideshow just need a simple click. It can be added for each
    >>> slide or as background music. Enjoy! http://www3.photo2vcd.com

    >> I think you'll find that ProShow has far more output options and
    >> rendering quality second to none.
    >> -But you don't have to take my word for it...
    >> ...Download the free trial and see for yourself.
    >> Then you can make an informed decision, and you won't have to worry
    >> about my bias, or anyone else's bias.
    >> :)
    >> -Mark
    >>

    > Be aware that in my experience, Proshow (at least version 2.5)
    > will not run under a limited user account. Yes, I have contacted
    > Photodex and they admit it is a problem and according to them
    > are going to change the web page FAQ where it indicates that
    > it will run, just problems with burning under limited user accounts
    > (I can provide a copy of the response from their support if you
    > want ... ). That said, I still think it is one of the better ones
    > around and worth the $ that I paid for it - just be aware of
    > issues with limited users running it (XP Pro, SP2).
    >
    > mikey

    I'm not sure what you mean by "limited user account."
    Do you mean as one who logs onto a computer as other than the "adminitrator"
    of that particular machine?
    -Splain... :)

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Jun 21, 2006
  10. Bev

    Mike Fields Guest

    > Mike Fields wrote:
    >> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message

    >>> I think you'll find that ProShow has far more output options and
    >>> rendering quality second to none.
    >>> -But you don't have to take my word for it...
    >>> ...Download the free trial and see for yourself.
    >>> Then you can make an informed decision, and you won't have to worry
    >>> about my bias, or anyone else's bias.
    >>> :)
    >>> -Mark
    >>>

    >> Be aware that in my experience, Proshow (at least version 2.5)
    >> will not run under a limited user account. Yes, I have contacted
    >> Photodex and they admit it is a problem and according to them
    >> are going to change the web page FAQ where it indicates that
    >> it will run, just problems with burning under limited user accounts
    >> (I can provide a copy of the response from their support if you
    >> want ... ). That said, I still think it is one of the better ones
    >> around and worth the $ that I paid for it - just be aware of
    >> issues with limited users running it (XP Pro, SP2).
    >>
    >> mikey

    > I'm not sure what you mean by "limited user account."
    > Do you mean as one who logs onto a computer as other than the
    > "adminitrator" of that particular machine?
    > -Splain... :)

    The "limited user" is the other choice you typically have when
    you create users in XP (does not have admin rights). For
    what it's worth, I have included a copy of my exchange with
    Photodex support below that should give some more detail
    in what I am talking about ...

    [begin copy of Photodex support conversation]
    Mike,

    I believe that the FAQ page was written some time ago, before this issue
    came to light. I have requested that the FAQ page be updated to
    acknowledge this issue.

    Regards,

    Chris
    Photodex Corporation
    www.photodex.com

    Mike Fields, Jun 22, 2006
  11. Bev

    Mark² Guest

    >> I'm not sure what you mean by "limited user account."
    >> Do you mean as one who logs onto a computer as other than the
    >> "adminitrator" of that particular machine?
    >> -Splain... :)
    >>

    > The "limited user" is the other choice you typically have when
    > you create users in XP (does not have admin rights). For
    > what it's worth, I have included a copy of my exchange with
    > Photodex support below that should give some more detail
    > in what I am talking about ...

    You are not the administrator of your computer?

    ?

    Mark², Jun 22, 2006
  12. Bev

    remove Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 08:13:42 +1200, "Bev" <> wrote:

    >I'd like to find a simple programme that will enable me to add music to my
    >slideshow, Thanks.
    >
    >Bev

    Check Slide Show Movie Maker at:

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/ssmm.html

    It's freeware slideshow program and it has some pretty awesome
    features including adding background music of your choice.

    HTH
    Bill

    remove, Jun 22, 2006
  13. Bev

    Mike Fields Guest

    >>> I'm not sure what you mean by "limited user account."
    >>> Do you mean as one who logs onto a computer as other than the
    >>> "adminitrator" of that particular machine?
    >>> -Splain... :)
    >>>

    >> The "limited user" is the other choice you typically have when
    >> you create users in XP (does not have admin rights). For
    >> what it's worth, I have included a copy of my exchange with
    >> Photodex support below that should give some more detail
    >> in what I am talking about ...

    > You are not the administrator of your computer?
    >
    > ?

    Of course I have admin priv on my computer, however,
    my point was that the normal users (which good security
    practice dictates should not have admin priv) will have
    an issue running their program. It is very bad practice to
    simply give everyone on the system admin priv - makes it
    easy for bad things to install and/or happen. I can see
    not being able to burn CD's and DVD's (although Nero
    has a fix for that) as a limited user, but they should be
    able to do the rest of the slide show - as their web page
    indicates it does (but in reality does not work).

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Jun 23, 2006
  14. Bev

    Mark² Guest

    Mike Fields wrote:

    >>> The "limited user" is the other choice you typically have when
    >>> you create users in XP (does not have admin rights). For
    >>> what it's worth, I have included a copy of my exchange with
    >>> Photodex support below that should give some more detail
    >>> in what I am talking about ...

    >> You are not the administrator of your computer?
    >>
    >> ?

    > Of course I have admin priv on my computer, however,
    > my point was that the normal users (which good security
    > practice dictates should not have admin priv) will have
    > an issue running their program. It is very bad practice to
    > simply give everyone on the system admin priv - makes it
    > easy for bad things to install and/or happen. I can see
    > not being able to burn CD's and DVD's (although Nero
    > has a fix for that) as a limited user, but they should be
    > able to do the rest of the slide show - as their web page
    > indicates it does (but in reality does not work).

    Are you talking about company use?
    What environment are you in that you are running into this situation?

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Jun 23, 2006
  15. Bev

    Mike Fields Guest

    > Mike Fields wrote:
    >> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message

    >>> You are not the administrator of your computer?
    >>>
    >>> ?

    >> Of course I have admin priv on my computer, however,
    >> my point was that the normal users (which good security
    >> practice dictates should not have admin priv) will have
    >> an issue running their program. It is very bad practice to
    >> simply give everyone on the system admin priv - makes it
    >> easy for bad things to install and/or happen. I can see
    >> not being able to burn CD's and DVD's (although Nero
    >> has a fix for that) as a limited user, but they should be
    >> able to do the rest of the slide show - as their web page
    >> indicates it does (but in reality does not work).

    > Are you talking about company use?
    > What environment are you in that you are running into this situation?
    >
    > --
    > Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by Mark² at:

    No, home use -- the rest of the family's accounts on
    the computer are limited accounts as they should be
    following good security practice (check out any of
    the security newsgroups or any of the xp newsgroups
    for pointers on how to prevent bad things happening
    on the computer. One of the first is to limit the
    privileges of user accounts.)

    Mike Fields, Jun 23, 2006