    ready to turn all of my LP albums into CD's via cassette tapes. What's my
    best bet for a cassette player that I can run through my system to make the
    CD's?

    anon, Nov 8, 2004

  2. anon

    dadiOH Guest

    anon wrote:

    > Also, I'm ready to turn all of my LP albums into CD's
    > via cassette tapes. What's my best bet for a cassette player that
    > I can run through my system to make the CD's?

    Skip the LP > cassette. More work, worse results.

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Nov 8, 2004

  3. anon

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    | anon wrote:
    |
    | > Also, I'm ready to turn all of my LP albums into CD's
    | > via cassette tapes. What's my best bet for a cassette player that
    | > I can run through my system to make the CD's?
    |
    | Skip the LP > cassette. More work, worse results.

    So you'd suggest using the line out of the receiver/amp direct to the line
    in of the computer? Gee...I should rearrange my living room <g>

    Just kidding...you are correct of course. I find I get a nasty 60Hz hum
    using cables long enough to get to the computer from my stereo console.
    Maybe I should mount it on wheels...

    Toolman Tim, Nov 9, 2004
  4. anon

    dadiOH Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    >> anon wrote:
    >>
    >>> Also, I'm ready to turn all of my LP albums into CD's
    >>> via cassette tapes. What's my best bet for a cassette player that
    >>> I can run through my system to make the CD's?

    >> Skip the LP > cassette. More work, worse results.
    >>

    > So you'd suggest using the line out of the receiver/amp direct to
    > the line in of the computer? Gee...I should rearrange my living
    > room <g>
    >
    > Just kidding...you are correct of course. I find I get a nasty 60Hz
    > hum using cables long enough to get to the computer from my stereo
    > console. Maybe I should mount it on wheels...

    Christmas is coming, laptop time :)

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Nov 9, 2004
  5. anon

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    | Toolman Tim wrote:
    | > "dadiOH" <> wrote in message

    | >> Skip the LP > cassette. More work, worse results.
    | >>

    | > So you'd suggest using the line out of the receiver/amp direct to
    | > the line in of the computer? Gee...I should rearrange my living
    | > room <g>
    | >
    | > Just kidding...you are correct of course. I find I get a nasty 60Hz
    | > hum using cables long enough to get to the computer from my stereo
    | > console. Maybe I should mount it on wheels...
    |
    | Christmas is coming, laptop time :)

    Wow! Now there's a thought....if I start begging now...hmmmm....

    Toolman Tim, Nov 9, 2004