Music On Hold (Live Feed to CallManager)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by w1llr0ut34f00d, Oct 19, 2005.

  1. I'd like to use a multicast audio stream option instead of sound card
    option.

    I found following document on cisco website which tricked audio stream
    by manipulating TTL.
    But I could not find a way to make TTL to 1 for multicast stream from
    CallManager.

    On top of that, I've an unpleasant experience with the way IOS handle
    the packets when TTL reaches 0. Basically, all the packets with TTL 0
    are process-switches which make CPU very unhappy. I'm talking about
    6500 with Sup-720 with moderate amount of traffic.

    Anyway, I wonder if someone already had success with Music-On-Hold with
    live audio streaming feed (not with an external sound card) either in
    a lab or in production.

    Thanks in advance.

    Links

    1. Music-On-Hold using live audio stream Doc from cisco.com

    (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products..._guide_chapter09186a0080447511.html#wp1043752)

    w1llr0ut34f00d, Oct 19, 2005