    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com
    OldGringo, Jun 12, 2009

  2. OldGringo

    OldGringo Guest

    Two Cents To The Rôgêr Post:
    > OldGringo wrote:
    >> I am looking for a NG for Music Keyboards. Anyone recommend a good
    >> one? I looked at a form for General Music and it appears as though no
    >> one is home. <g>

    > You could try alt.binaries.sounds.midi
    >
    > I'm not a regular to that group, but it's active.

    Thanks Roger, I'll give it a try.

    --
    Old Gringo
    OldGringo, Jun 12, 2009

  3. OldGringo

    OldGringo Guest

    Two Cents To The Rôgêr Post:
    > OldGringo wrote:
    >> I am looking for a NG for Music Keyboards. Anyone recommend a good
    >> one? I looked at a form for General Music and it appears as though no
    >> one is home. <g>

    > You could try alt.binaries.sounds.midi
    >
    > I'm not a regular to that group, but it's active.

    Nothing showing up under that heading. Maybe SBC/AT&T did away with
    binaries or maybe it's Thunderbird. I never tried a binary group
    before. ??

    OldGringo, Jun 12, 2009
  4. OldGringo

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:45:59 -0500, OldGringo
    <> wrote:

    >Nothing showing up under that heading. Maybe SBC/AT&T did away with
    >binaries or maybe it's Thunderbird. I never tried a binary group
    >before. ??

    Do you see any alt.binaries?

    Rumor is binaries are gone, and all usenet from AT&T will be gone..
    July 15th, IIRC.
    Evan Platt, Jun 12, 2009
  5. OldGringo

    OldGringo Guest

    Two Cents To The Rôgêr Post:
    > OldGringo wrote:
    >> I am looking for a NG for Music Keyboards. Anyone recommend a good
    >> one? I looked at a form for General Music and it appears as though no
    >> one is home. <g>

    > You could try alt.binaries.sounds.midi
    >
    > I'm not a regular to that group, but it's active.

    Thanks again Roger, I finally got there and it is all Midi files, no
    discussions.

    OldGringo, Jun 12, 2009
  6. OldGringo

    thanatoid Guest

    OldGringo <> wrote in

    > I am looking for a NG for Music Keyboards. Anyone
    > recommend a good one? I looked at a form for General Music
    > and it appears as though no one is home. <g>

    Given the inertia in MIDI/music text groups, may I ask what you
    need to know/discuss? I may be able to provide /some/ kind of
    reply/advice.

    For now I'll just say that there are MANY places on the *web*
    where musicians and even just occasional users of a keyboard or
    a guitar meet and exchange ideas.

    Text Usenet is dying, and binary Usenet will be killed, sooner
    or later.

    --
    Lots of theoretical butchers are alleged and other bloody eyes
    are suitable, but will Pam secure that?
    thanatoid, Jun 12, 2009
  7. OldGringo

    OldGringo Guest

    Two Cents To The thanatoid Post:
    > OldGringo<> wrote in
    >
    >> I am looking for a NG for Music Keyboards. Anyone
    >> recommend a good one? I looked at a form for General Music
    >> and it appears as though no one is home.<g>

    > Given the inertia in MIDI/music text groups, may I ask what you
    > need to know/discuss? I may be able to provide /some/ kind of
    > reply/advice.
    >
    > For now I'll just say that there are MANY places on the *web*
    > where musicians and even just occasional users of a keyboard or
    > a guitar meet and exchange ideas.
    >
    > Text Usenet is dying, and binary Usenet will be killed, sooner
    > or later.

    I have read all there is to read, and now I am looking for someone
    with hands on experience with a General Music Gem WK 1000 Arranger
    Keyboard.

    OldGringo, Jun 12, 2009
  8. OldGringo

    thanatoid Guest

    OldGringo <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > I have read all there is to read, and now I am looking for
    > someone with hands on experience with a General Music Gem
    > WK 1000 Arranger Keyboard.

    Well, I've heard of the company and it is a good one, but I am
    NF with this product. Did you contact the manufacturer with your
    problem or is it too unique for them to be able to help you?

    I assume you DID read /every/ word of the manual ;-) and have
    sufficient experience with MIDI (which has not been without its
    share of occasional problems).

    I would Google for "General Music keyboards forum" and see what
    turns up.

    Or "MIDI discussion forum". You can always start a new thread -
    there ARE other users of that keyboard out there.

    As a last resort you could visit a few local keyboard shops and
    find someone who knows everything AND likes to talk.

    Good luck.

    thanatoid, Jun 13, 2009
  9. OldGringo

    OldGringo Guest

    Two Cents To The thanatoid Post:
    > OldGringo<> wrote in
    >
    > <SNIP>
    >
    >> I have read all there is to read, and now I am looking for
    >> someone with hands on experience with a General Music Gem
    >> WK 1000 Arranger Keyboard.

    > Well, I've heard of the company and it is a good one, but I am
    > NF with this product. Did you contact the manufacturer with your
    > problem or is it too unique for them to be able to help you?
    >
    > I assume you DID read /every/ word of the manual ;-) and have
    > sufficient experience with MIDI (which has not been without its
    > share of occasional problems).
    >
    > I would Google for "General Music keyboards forum" and see what
    > turns up.
    >
    > Or "MIDI discussion forum". You can always start a new thread -
    > there ARE other users of that keyboard out there.
    >
    > As a last resort you could visit a few local keyboard shops and
    > find someone who knows everything AND likes to talk.
    >
    > Good luck.

    I have been in contact with the Mfg. Rep. in the US. as the unit is
    built in Italy. The General Music / Gem keyboards are top of the
    line, however this particular model is near the low end of the
    totem-pole and I was wanting to correspond with someone that might
    own one. I am familiar with the top-end line of Gem keyboards, just
    not this particular model. Anyway I have purchased The Gem WK 1000
    off ebay and I am sure I will be pleased with it.
    Thank You for the impute, and have a grand day.

    OldGringo, Jun 13, 2009