    hear the music. I know how to turn it on and off in OE, but I am not
    familiar with Outlook. Can anybody help.
    Thanx in advance.

    Queenie, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Queenie

    Old Gringo Guest

    Queenie wrote:
    > Hi. . . When I send an e-mail from OExpress in Rich Text format (HTML) with
    > an embedded midi and/or wav file to a person running Outlook, they do not
    > hear the music. I know how to turn it on and off in OE, but I am not
    > familiar with Outlook. Can anybody help.
    > Thanx in advance.

    "Sorry for your troubles.
    Obviously, you are not writing right!
    My advice to you is. . . . . before you use a pc, learn how to spell."
    Learn how to use your software.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Aug 5, 2005

  3. Queenie

    Queenie Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > Queenie wrote:
    >> Hi. . . When I send an e-mail from OExpress in Rich Text format (HTML)
    >> with an embedded midi and/or wav file to a person running Outlook, they
    >> do not hear the music. I know how to turn it on and off in OE, but I am
    >> not familiar with Outlook. Can anybody help.
    >> Thanx in advance.

    > "Sorry for your troubles.
    > Obviously, you are not writing right!
    > My advice to you is. . . . . before you use a pc, learn how to spell."

    > Learn how to use your software.

    You need to learn how to read!!
    If you read my post properly, you would have known that it is not
    MY software that I don't know how to use!!!

    Queenie, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Queenie

    Old Gringo Guest

    Queenie wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Queenie wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi. . . When I send an e-mail from OExpress in Rich Text format (HTML)
    >>>with an embedded midi and/or wav file to a person running Outlook, they
    >>>do not hear the music. I know how to turn it on and off in OE, but I am
    >>>not familiar with Outlook. Can anybody help.
    >>>Thanx in advance.

    >>"Sorry for your troubles.
    >>Obviously, you are not writing right!
    >>My advice to you is. . . . . before you use a pc, learn how to spell."

    >>Learn how to use your software.

    > You need to learn how to read!!
    > If you read my post properly, you would have known that it is not
    > MY software that I don't know how to use!!!

    :) I read fairly well, and do not stutter.

    Old Gringo, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Queenie

    Vanguard Guest

    "Queenie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi. . . When I send an e-mail from OExpress in Rich Text format (HTML)
    > with an embedded midi and/or wav file to a person running Outlook,
    > they do not hear the music. I know how to turn it on and off in OE,
    > but I am not familiar with Outlook. Can anybody help.
    > Thanx in advance.

    Outlook and Outlook Express are different products with different
    behavior, just like Outlook will have different behavior than
    Thunderbird, Forte Agent, Pegasus Mail, and other e-mail clients. Your
    embedded music file will not end up playing without permission by the
    Outlook recipient because it will probably be an attachment. It is also
    likely that the recipient will have different settings in their security
    zone selected for use within Outlook when rendering HTML e-mails *if*
    the recipient renders HTML e-mails at all (rather than read them in
    plain-text mode or otherwise disables HTML "cutsy" fluff).

    I have Outlook Express configured so your disposition=inline MIME
    content containing your music will just be an attachment. That is, I
    have Outlook Express for e-mail, too, but I won't be hearing your
    embedded music unless I choose to open the attached file. Send your
    music as an attachment and your recipient can decide whether or not they
    will bother to listen to your tune. Just because YOU can listen to your
    musical fluff in e-mails that you send to yourself doesn't mean your
    recipients using Outlook Express will hear it.

    Vanguard, Aug 5, 2005
  6. Queenie

    MJP Guest

    "Queenie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi. . . When I send an e-mail from OExpress in Rich Text format (HTML)
    > with an embedded midi and/or wav file to a person running Outlook, they do
    > not hear the music. I know how to turn it on and off in OE, but I am not
    > familiar with Outlook. Can anybody help.
    > Thanx in advance.

    RTF, the mark of the devil.

    MJP

    MJP, Aug 5, 2005
  7. Queenie

    Queenie Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > Queenie wrote:
    >> "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message

    >>>"Sorry for your troubles.
    >>>Obviously, you are not writing right!
    >>>My advice to you is. . . . . before you use a pc, learn how to spell."

    >>>Learn how to use your software.

    >> You need to learn how to read!!
    >> If you read my post properly, you would have known that it is not
    >> MY software that I don't know how to use!!!
    >>

    > :) I read fairly well, and do not stutter.

    Apology accepted, "Old Gringo"! LOL!

    Queenie, Aug 6, 2005
  8. Queenie

    Old Gringo Guest