    That makes it NZ$18.65 for the album off the net. Sounds have it for $26.95

    BTW the xe.com currency converter has NZ right near the top now, guess we must
    use it a lot :)

    Craig Shore, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Craig Shore

    shannon Guest

    On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:38:36 +1300, Craig Shore wrote:

    > This is how is should be done!
    >
    > http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.asp?dept_id=2655&band_id=691&sfid=2
    >
    > They offer it in 3 varients, FLAC lossless, MP3 128kbps and MP3 256kbps.
    > The MP3 version is slightly cheaper. US$12.95 for the album in FLAC, US$9.95 for
    > mp3.
    >
    > That makes it NZ$18.65 for the album off the net. Sounds have it for $26.95
    >
    > BTW the xe.com currency converter has NZ right near the top now, guess we must
    > use it a lot :)

    Exactly right.
    Levies on blank content are the sort of gravy train that the bastard
    parasite legal scum of the major labels want. Levies will be distributed
    just like public performance levies on the basis of cd unit sales, meaning
    it goes to Mariah and Britney and Cristina and Celine regardless of what
    people actually use the disks to copy.
    Pay for the file the way you want it, **** the plebs with their shitty
    peer to peer 128k crap encoding.
    Also have a look at http://www.warprecords.com/ who started doing it quite
    a while ago.

    shannon, Oct 10, 2005

  3. Craig Shore

    Philip Guest

    Philip, Oct 10, 2005
  4. Nathan Mercer, Oct 11, 2005
  5. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:07:23 +1300, shannon <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:38:36 +1300, Craig Shore wrote:
    >
    >> This is how is should be done!
    >>
    >> http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.asp?dept_id=2655&band_id=691&sfid=2
    >>
    >> They offer it in 3 varients, FLAC lossless, MP3 128kbps and MP3 256kbps.
    >> The MP3 version is slightly cheaper. US$12.95 for the album in FLAC, US$9.95 for
    >> mp3.
    >>
    >> That makes it NZ$18.65 for the album off the net. Sounds have it for $26.95
    >>
    >> BTW the xe.com currency converter has NZ right near the top now, guess we must
    >> use it a lot :)

    >Exactly right.
    >Levies on blank content are the sort of gravy train that the bastard
    >parasite legal scum of the major labels want. Levies will be distributed
    >just like public performance levies on the basis of cd unit sales, meaning
    >it goes to Mariah and Britney and Cristina and Celine regardless of what
    >people actually use the disks to copy.
    >Pay for the file the way you want it, **** the plebs with their shitty
    >peer to peer 128k crap encoding.
    >Also have a look at http://www.warprecords.com/ who started doing it quite
    >a while ago.

    The big difference with this album is the pressed CD version is released by Sony
    BMG.

    Craig Shore, Oct 11, 2005
  6. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest