    email address.

    Thanks
    Gary
    Gary, Nov 25, 2004

  2. Gary

    me Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message
    news:fbcpd.227$%...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend some free software for editing audio files on a PC?
    > I'm looking for something that allows you to select bits of one song, copy
    > it and paste it to another song. Something that can create megamix style
    > tracks.
    > Any suggestions appreciated.
    > If you reply to me outside the NG please remove the no spam filter from my
    > email address.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gary

    Try asking in alt.comp.freeware

    Andrew
    me, Nov 25, 2004

  3. Gary

    DJ Pablo Guest

    Howdy
    I've been using Audacity for the past couple of months. Quite easy to use,
    but the documentation is poor. Still, well worth the price.
    http://audacity.sorceforge.net

    Righto
    DJ Pablo -
    Auckland, New Zealand.

    "Gary" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend some free software for editing audio files on a PC?
    > I'm looking for something that allows you to select bits of one song, copy
    > it and paste it to another song. Something that can create megamix style
    > tracks.
    > Any suggestions appreciated.
    > If you reply to me outside the NG please remove the no spam filter from my
    > email address.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gary

    ---
    DJ Pablo, Nov 27, 2004
  4. "DJ Pablo" <> wrote in message news:<MTSpd.11938$>...
    > Howdy
    > I've been using Audacity for the past couple of months. Quite easy to use,
    > but the documentation is poor. Still, well worth the price.
    > http://audacity.sorceforge.net

    the correct URL for that software is http://audacity.sourceforge.net
    'sorceforge' (without the U) is just a big advertisement page.

    william.
    William Swyter, Nov 28, 2004
  5. Gary

    Rose Guest

    On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 03:19:39 GMT, "Gary" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Can anyone recommend some free software for editing audio files on a PC?
    >I'm looking for something that allows you to select bits of one song, copy
    >it and paste it to another song. Something that can create megamix style
    >tracks.
    >Any suggestions appreciated.
    >If you reply to me outside the NG please remove the no spam filter from my
    >email address.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Gary

    When you say "paste onto another song" do you mean that you want to be
    able to hear both the pasted copy and the original song together or
    you essentially put a blank space in the song and paste your selection
    into that song?

    I have done this using the simple voice recorder program that came
    with my computer but it is in wave format.

    Rose
    The "ShoutOut" Page!
    http://members.aol.com/Roseb441702/shoutout.htm
    Rose, Dec 7, 2004