    Currently have credits in MSN Music Club but find choice very limited
    (i.e. couldn't buy a permanent download of Lou Christie).
    TIA

    Smirnoff, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Smirnoff

    James Haddow Guest

    Use Kazaa http://www.kazaa.com/

    It's just what you need.

    James.

    "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message
    news:bpku1f$9c8$...
    > Can anyone recommend a good site to listen/download music from? I don't
    > mind paying!
    > I like golden oldie stuff 50's, 60's range.
    > By the way, I was enjoying listening to Lou Christies' Lightning
    > Striking Again on radiowins.com/revival but the site seems to be offline
    > or removed, anyone know?
    > Currently have credits in MSN Music Club but find choice very limited
    > (i.e. couldn't buy a permanent download of Lou Christie).
    > TIA

    ---
    Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

    James Haddow, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Smirnoff

    ]v[etaphoid Guest

    ]v[etaphoid, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Smirnoff

    SlowwHand Guest

    ]v[etaphoid wrote:
    > "James Haddow" <> wrote in message
    >> Use Kazaa http://www.kazaa.com/
    >>
    >> It's just what you need.

    > Better yet. Try Kazaalite - Kazaa without the spy/ad/shiteware @
    > http://www.klitesite.com/

    I use KazaaLite and WinMx, but I do so puckered up these days.
    Newgroups. Who'd a-thunk it?
    alt.binaries.sounds.1970s.MP3, for instance.

    SlowwHand, Nov 21, 2003
  5. On 21 Nov 2003, ]v[etaphoid wrote
    > "James Haddow" <> wrote in message

    >> Use Kazaa http://www.kazaa.com/

    >> It's just what you need.

    > Better yet. Try Kazaalite - Kazaa without the spy/ad/shiteware @
    > http://www.klitesite.com/

    Although it's always nice to hear of a product that doesn't
    have spy/ad/etc ware, what's the ethical difference between Kazaalite
    and warez?

    When you come down to the basics, isn't Kazaalite an illegal, cracked,
    copyright-flouting version of Kazaa?

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey

    For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Smirnoff

    SoCal Tom Guest

    "Smirnoff" wrote
    > Can anyone recommend a good site to listen/download music from? I don't
    > mind paying!

    I use iTunes for Windows and MP3 dot com for my major downloads. I have
    heard that the new Napster II is fairly good for listening and downloads,
    but haven't tried them.

    As for file sharing, I haven't given it much thought, as most of the
    available material is not to my liking, and quality varies from fair to
    poor.
    --
    SoCalTom

    SoCal Tom, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Smirnoff

    Gordon Guest

    Kazaa, comes with Gator, impossible to get rid of (well nearly) and
    continuously tries to get you to connect to Net.
    Winmx is good for music and films, but have a good A/V software installed.
    Found some Robert Wolfe on here.

    There is also imesh, but not tried.
    Best of luck.

    Gordon, Nov 22, 2003
  8. Smirnoff

    Smirnoff Guest

    Thanks to everyone for their info.

    Am currently trying Kazaa Lite, which seems to be OK so far.

    Thanks again

    Smirnoff, Nov 22, 2003
  9. Smirnoff

    ]v[etaphoid Guest

    "Harvey Van Sickle" <> wrote in message
    > On 21 Nov 2003, ]v[etaphoid wrote
    > > "James Haddow" <> wrote in message

    > >> Use Kazaa http://www.kazaa.com/

    > >> It's just what you need.

    > > Better yet. Try Kazaalite - Kazaa without the spy/ad/shiteware @
    > > http://www.klitesite.com/

    > Although it's always nice to hear of a product that doesn't
    > have spy/ad/etc ware, what's the ethical difference between Kazaalite
    > and warez?

    Ethics?

    > When you come down to the basics, isn't Kazaalite an illegal, cracked,
    > copyright-flouting version of Kazaa?

    I very much doubt whether Kazaa would receive much sympathy from copyright
    evangilysts somehow...

    ]v[etaphoid, Nov 22, 2003
  10. Smirnoff

    1-Twitch Guest

    Get a program called Agent they have a free version and you can get
    all the music you want from that era, alt.binaries.mp3 1950 and so on
    just go to alt. binaries and look around its amazing what you will
    find.

    1-Twitch, Nov 22, 2003
  11. On 22 Nov 2003, ]v[etaphoid wrote

    > "Harvey Van Sickle" <> wrote in message
    >> On 21 Nov 2003, ]v[etaphoid wrote
    >>> "James Haddow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Better yet. Try Kazaalite - Kazaa without the spy/ad/shiteware @
    >>> http://www.klitesite.com/

    >> Although it's always nice to hear of a product that doesn't
    >> have spy/ad/etc ware, what's the ethical difference between
    >> Kazaalite and warez?

    > Ethics?

    Designing software from scratch -- regardless of what people use it for
    -- vs cracking somebody else's copyrighted software?

    Yeah -- ethics.

    >> When you come down to the basics, isn't Kazaalite an illegal,
    >> cracked, copyright-flouting version of Kazaa?

    > I very much doubt whether Kazaa would receive much sympathy from
    > copyright evangilysts somehow...

    Very true, but not relevant to the issue.

    Kazaa didn't crack anybody's proprietorial software: exactly like tape
    recorders, it allows people to do illegal copying, but it hasn't -- in
    its code and as a piece of software -- infringed anybody's copyright.

    People who crack other people's software are committing copyright
    infringement. Justifying it on the basis of "well, they use it to copy
    my stuff" is about the plainest example of hypocracy I've heard in a
    long time.

    Anyone who's content to use warez should go ahead and use it, but
    anybody who claims not to use cracked software is lying if they make an
    exception for Kazaalite -- it's a cracked version of Kazaa.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Nov 22, 2003