    impossible to get the original region 1 now days rewind says the anniversary
    one is uncut

    cheers Dave

    Dragon, Oct 11, 2006

  2. Dragon wrote:
    > Could someone please confirm that the 50th Anniversary edition of
    > this film is Uncut with the Love is Gone song in it, not the original
    > region 1 the new version from last xmas. my region 2 doesn't have
    > the song and as its impossible to get the original region 1 now days
    > rewind says the anniversary one is uncut

    Please parse that and repost. You've given me a headache.

    -Kevin.

    --
    Email replies to:

    Gunther Gloop, Oct 11, 2006

  3. Dragon wrote:

    >Could someone please confirm that the 50th Anniversary edition of this film
    >is Uncut with the Love is Gone song in it, not the original region 1 the new
    >version from last xmas. my region 2 doesn't have the song and as its
    >impossible to get the original region 1 now days rewind says the anniversary
    >one is uncut

    The R1 disc released last year features a fullscreen and a widescreen
    transfer on the same disc. The fullscreen version has the song in it,
    the widescreen version doesn't. Go figure.

    Christian Preischl, Oct 11, 2006
  4. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    "Christian Preischl" <> wrote in message
    > Dragon wrote:
    >
    >>Could someone please confirm that the 50th Anniversary edition of this
    >>film
    >>is Uncut with the Love is Gone song in it, not the original region 1 the
    >>new
    >>version from last xmas. my region 2 doesn't have the song and as its
    >>impossible to get the original region 1 now days rewind says the
    >>anniversary
    >>one is uncut

    > The R1 disc released last year features a fullscreen and a widescreen
    > transfer on the same disc. The fullscreen version has the song in it,
    > the widescreen version doesn't. Go figure.

    thanks for that

    Dragon, Oct 11, 2006
  5. Dragon

    P Pron Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    || "Christian Preischl" <> wrote in message
    ||| The R1 disc released last year features a fullscreen and a
    ||| widescreen transfer on the same disc. The fullscreen version has
    ||| the song in it, the widescreen version doesn't. Go figure.
    || thanks for that

    I thought we'd already done this, last year....

    I think the answer is that "Love is Gone" (the best song in the movie, IMO,
    and Meredith Braun's voice is fab) was cut before the film was released in
    the cinemas, on the grounds that it stopped the film dead. This is why it
    doesn't appear in the widescreen print, which is an accurate representation
    of how it appeared in the cinemas. But it was reinstated for home video and
    TV, which is why it is in the pan & scan print.

    Maybe they'll get it right for the next anniversary special edition!

    paul

    P Pron, Oct 12, 2006
  6. Dragon

    Gilgamesh Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > Could someone please confirm that the 50th Anniversary edition of this
    > film

    Has it been 50 years already ????

    Gilgamesh, Oct 12, 2006