    it shot open matte to begin with? Anyone know?

    Thanks in advance...

    JR

    Spassvogel, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Spassvogel

    mazinz Guest

    ha i was doing some looking recently with that dvd and made 2 screen capture
    pics one from the pan/scan side and one from the widescreen side. You do gain
    more on the sides, and it doesnt loose that much on the top and bottom for the
    widescreen version. Im usally a fan of open matte, and do not like matted
    films. But in this case you do get more and you dont lose much.

    However if the film was really shot at a 2:35:1 and released instead as a 1:85,
    that i have no idea

    mazinz, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Spassvogel

    mazinz Guest

    i just re-read my post and let me make it more clear. the widescreen ver does
    gain a bit more on the sides despite losing some on the top and bottom (no that
    much)

    and the pan/scan gains some on the top but losses more on the sides

    mazinz, Aug 16, 2004