    (I may be wrong...I usually am....)
    Google is your Friend
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    rifleman, Jul 7, 2003

  2. rifleman

    rifleman Guest

    In article <bebqr2$2ut6h$>,
    says...
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as rifleman continued:
    >
    > > In article <eIdOa.16758$>,
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> Use <> and if you want to put your real addy in the
    > >> reply-to header.
    > >>

    > > I've tried that, with but I get the message "Not a
    > > valid domain"

    > But will work, it's designed purely for that reason.

    I'll use that then! Thanks!

    rifleman, Jul 7, 2003

  3. rifleman

    Jimchip Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:33:12 -0500, Richard wrote:

    > should work.
    > it is a valid domain even though it is not available for registration.
    > you could also use
    > let the spammers hit on that one all they want.

    Oh St00pid...you are wrong again.

    ---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
    http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/
    http://www.cabal.net/cenkoc/index1.html

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Jimchip, Jul 7, 2003
  4. rifleman

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:38:16 -0000, Jimchip wrote:

    >On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:33:12 -0500, Richard wrote:
    >>
    >> should work.
    >> it is a valid domain even though it is not available for registration.
    >> you could also use
    >> let the spammers hit on that one all they want.

    >Oh St00pid...you are wrong again.

    Chris sayeth:

    "Users of the newsserver are expected to follow this set of rules.
    Disregarding the rules may cause termination of access privileges without
    further notice.

    * Accurate Sender Address
    The e-mail addresses in From:, Reply-To:, and Sender: fields must belong
    to you and they have to be valid. Using identifiers of other individuals without
    their permission or e-mail addresses that will bounce is not permitted. (For
    more details see paragraph 5.3 of the FAQ.)"

    http://news.cis.dfn.de/en/rules.html

    However, me*@privacy.net *is* a valid address and accepted as such.

    So yes, St00pis is wrong yet again.

    "No big surprise."

    >---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
    > http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/
    > http://www.cabal.net/cenkoc/index1.html

    "I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
    -- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000

    Mara, Jul 7, 2003
  5. rifleman

    trout Guest

    rifleman wrote:

    > In article <bebqr2$2ut6h$>,
    > says...

    >> But will work, it's designed purely for that reason.
    >>

    > I'll use that then! Thanks!

    You can combine that with a number, to make yourself a little more
    distinctive. For example: . Numbers 0-9 can be used.
    (Much easier to find "replies to my messages",etc.)
    Search the newsgroup first, though; so you don't pick one that's
    currently in use. (I use "2"; Slumpy uses "3"; I'm not sure about the
    others.)
    http://privacy.net/email/
    --
    "Read about it."

    trout, Jul 7, 2003
  6. rifleman

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Jimchip deftly scribbled:

    > On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:22:37 -0500, Mara wrote:

    >>> Oh St00pid...you are wrong again.

    >> Chris sayeth:
    >>
    >> "Users of the newsserver are expected to follow this set of
    >> rules. Disregarding the rules may cause termination of access
    >> privileges without further notice.

    > St00pid has had his account terminated so often that he probably
    > thinks
    > being ToS'd is just 'normal' for Usenet access.

    It's obvious how st00pid he is, but even his spelling, grammer (sic) and
    punctuation (though never strong points to begin with) are all getting worse
    it seems .. I wonder if he has some terrible disease ...

    Ah well, we live in hope .. ;)

    --
    ....................................Paul-xxx

    Paul - xxx, Jul 7, 2003
  7. rifleman

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as trout continued:

    > rifleman wrote:
    >
    >> In article <bebqr2$2ut6h$>,
    >> says...

    >>> But will work, it's designed purely for that reason.
    >>>

    >> I'll use that then! Thanks!

    > You can combine that with a number, to make yourself a little more
    > distinctive. For example: . Numbers 0-9 can be used.
    > (Much easier to find "replies to my messages",etc.)
    > Search the newsgroup first, though; so you don't pick one that's
    > currently in use. (I use "2"; Slumpy uses "3"; I'm not sure about the
    > others.)
    > http://privacy.net/email/

    I change mine every now and then, when I've done a quick morph to abuse
    someone and forget which it was before ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 7, 2003
  8. Paul - xxx wrote:

    > I wonder if he has some terrible disease ...

    He's alive. That's a plague on us.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 8, 2003
  9. rifleman

    Josef Knecht Guest

    "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote:

    >Paul - xxx wrote:
    >
    >> I wonder if he has some terrible disease ...

    >He's alive. That's a plague on us.

    TINU

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend