    premium newsserver which, I guess, allows a bogus e-mail address but
    not a completely invisible one! He is using Free Agent 1.93. I've
    googled on this without result so can anyone tell me how this is done?

    Yolande, Aug 8, 2003

  2. In article <>, y_hermitas@no-
    spam.hotmail.com says...
    > I see someone posting to a newsgroup with a 'From:' header 'Name <>'
    > and his name appears in a thread as 'Name <>'. He is posting via a
    > premium newsserver which, I guess, allows a bogus e-mail address but
    > not a completely invisible one! He is using Free Agent 1.93. I've
    > googled on this without result so can anyone tell me how this is done?

    provide headers.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    Wanna ask a question in Usenet?

    Everything about Usenet answered:
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/answers.html

    America WILL NOT forget 9-11-01

    Colonel Flagg, Aug 8, 2003

  3. Yolande

    Yolande Guest

    From: Name <>
    Newsgroups: alt... {my snip}
    Subject: Re: ... {my snip}
    Date: ... {my snip}

    Yolande, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Yolande

    The Saint Guest

    Yolande wrote:

    >I see someone posting to a newsgroup with a 'From:' header 'Name <>'
    >and his name appears in a thread as 'Name <>'. He is posting via a
    >premium newsserver which, I guess, allows a bogus e-mail address but
    >not a completely invisible one! He is using Free Agent 1.93. I've
    >googled on this without result so can anyone tell me how this is done?

    Supernews doesn't require their users to enter an e-mail address.
    When no e-mail address is supplied the default "<>" is all that is
    shown.

    The Saint, Aug 9, 2003
  5. Yolande

    The Saint Guest

    Colonel Flagg wrote:

    >In article <-p.com>, -
    >c.pbz says...
    >> Yolande wrote:
    >>
    >> >I see someone posting to a newsgroup with a 'From:' header 'Name <>'
    >> >and his name appears in a thread as 'Name <>'. He is posting via a
    >> >premium newsserver which, I guess, allows a bogus e-mail address but
    >> >not a completely invisible one! He is using Free Agent 1.93. I've
    >> >googled on this without result so can anyone tell me how this is done?

    >> Supernews doesn't require their users to enter an e-mail address.
    >> When no e-mail address is supplied the default "<>" is all that is
    >> shown.
    >>

    >and.... if you enter "Name" instead of say.... "Yolande", "Name" will
    >show.
    >
    >HTH.

    Absolutely.

    The Saint, Aug 9, 2003