    Location:
    Manchester, NH
    I have my machine configured into 3 users. When logging off one of the users, the machine will reboot. Is this a hardware or software issue? If software, how may I diagnose it? Thanks

    opie, Apr 8, 2007

  2. opie

    paulagz

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Northwestern Connecticut USA
    it is a software setup issue look around account setup somewhere you have the option to choose what behavior you wish when logging off - one of the options is restart

    paulagz, Apr 9, 2007

  3. opie

    opie

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Manchester, NH
    I have replaced my video card with a new one and the issue still exists. I have tried turning down the Hardware Acceleration but that does not solve the problem. I have since found that the machine will reboot when I do a search for any file/folder in one user only. Is this a disk drive issue? Any ideas? Thanks

    opie, Apr 10, 2007
  4. opie

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Stop replacing hardware and look for the software solution. I would change one user's privileges from "administrator" to something lower, and then see if that user experiences the same restart behavior. Also check into what Paulagz stated rather than ignoring his input.

    bigal, Apr 10, 2007