    I am looking for the right multitrack sound card to use for recording. I
    have a Dell dimension 3000. I am putting multiple voice overlays on music.
    I am looking for best quality, most tracks and lowest price. :)
    RobMasters, May 3, 2005

  2. "RobMasters" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am looking for the right multitrack sound card to use for recording.
    > have a Dell dimension 3000. I am putting multiple voice overlays on
    > music.
    > I am looking for best quality, most tracks and lowest price. :)

    If you can record each voice track individually, then any sound card
    would do (although, quality may suffer). All you would need would be
    some muli-track recording software. (Cubase, cakewalk etc). If you must
    record them together, then the Audiophile, which start at <£100 (UK)
    would be a good bet. These all allow muli-track, and off 24 bit/96khz
    recording (which gives FAR better quality). Check www.soundcontrol.co.uk
    if you are in the UK.

    George
    George A Hamilton, May 3, 2005