Multisession DVD's limitations.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by XP, Oct 23, 2005.

  1. XP

    XP Guest

    It seems there is a limitation on how big the Total session can be, the Limit
    of the Total Sessions is 2 gigs..

    The Docs that I have for Nero 6 states that Multisession with UDF format is
    not support as of yet, may be its supported with Nero 7..

    So if the first session is 2 gigs you can't add a second session and see it
    with XP, but some tools like Isobuster can access the extra sessions..

    I have been having this problem, but with some google searches ONE web site
    that has the info..

    You do need the UDF format to support files that are over 2 gigs, so may be
    that is the problem with the ISO 9660 and Multisession.

    It seems that DVD RW disks do not suffer from the Multisession problem..

    Link

    http://www.cheetahburner.com/dvd/faq.html
    XP, Oct 23, 2005

  2. XP

    Andrew Guest

    XP wrote:

    > It seems there is a limitation on how big the Total session can be, the Limit
    > of the Total Sessions is 2 gigs..
    >
    > The Docs that I have for Nero 6 states that Multisession with UDF format is
    > not support as of yet, may be its supported with Nero 7..
    >
    > So if the first session is 2 gigs you can't add a second session and see it
    > with XP, but some tools like Isobuster can access the extra sessions..
    >
    > I have been having this problem, but with some google searches ONE web site
    > that has the info..
    >
    > You do need the UDF format to support files that are over 2 gigs, so may be
    > that is the problem with the ISO 9660 and Multisession.
    >
    > It seems that DVD RW disks do not suffer from the Multisession problem..
    >
    > Link
    >

    > http://www.cheetahburner.com/dvd/faq.html

    Maybe its winxp limitations rather then dvd media limitations
    Andrew, Oct 23, 2005

  3. XP

    GraB Guest

    >It seems that DVD RW disks do not suffer from the Multisession problem..

    DVD+RW saved me from the Win98SE multisession problem.
    GraB, Oct 23, 2005