    other.
    wireless required in build with serveral floors but masive old victorain
    mansion,

    Ray, Apr 12, 2006

  2. Hi

    You can have only one Modem connected to a single Internet source.

    The modem should lead to One Wireless Router.

    You can plug many Access Points to the single Wireless Router, and spread
    them as necessary over the building.

    May be this can Help.

    Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging

    Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 12, 2006

  3. Ray

    Ray Guest

    The building currently has 3 seperate lines for wired broadband. due to the
    infrastructure and design of building, a single wireless modem signal is not
    strong enough to penetrate through floors of building.

    Intend simply replacing each wired broad band on each floor with wireless
    modem, even though if may only be approx 20ft between floors.

    Is this ok and will wireless modems clash.
    Usage is for internet access only, by same uses that move around biulding.

    Regards

    Ray, Apr 13, 2006
  4. Hi

    It hard to give you definite answer since your are not using terminology
    that is commonly agreed upon.

    If the plan is to put multiple Access Point trough the building. Yes it can
    work and if configured correctly it would not clash.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 13, 2006
  5. Ray

    Eugene Guest

    What you want to do is possible.

    Buffalo has the best technology as far as I know, which will allow you to
    bridge multiple devices.

    Depending on how many floors you have have, you can bridge (using WDS) six
    devices coming off of one(i.e, if you have four floors, you can bridge three
    devices off the main router going up and then to go across the floor, you
    can bridge up to 5 devices off of each bridge).

    You can use a laptop running windows xp to perform a simplistic site survey
    and where the signal drop, add a repeater/bridge to boost it.

    Eugene, May 9, 2006