    onto 2 different networks? Thot it may cause a problem because of 2
    different IP addresses but wanted to ask you experts out there. Any help is
    appreciated. Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbCBUYXlsb3I=?=, Jun 24, 2006

  2. Yes, XP SP2 supports two simultaneous wireless connections. You should run
    these networks on different channels and use different address schemes.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "Will Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > Is this possible? I have 2 wireless networks in the house. My main data
    > network and a secondary network used for video only (Sony's Location Free
    > Player). I know i cannot have one wireless PCI adapter talk to 2 searate
    > networks simultaneously but can I have 2 PCI apaters in one PC that are

    homed

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Jun 25, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbCBUYXlsb3I=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Look at the Microsofr Research site - there was a project of "virtualization"
    of a WLAN adapter so it connects to several networks in a "time sharing" mode.
    Haven't tried it myself though.
    --PA

    Pavel A., Jun 25, 2006
  4. "Will Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > Is this possible? I have 2 wireless networks in the house. My main data
    > network and a secondary network used for video only (Sony's Location Free
    > Player). I know i cannot have one wireless PCI adapter talk to 2 searate
    > networks simultaneously but can I have 2 PCI apaters in one PC that are
    > homed
    > onto 2 different networks? Thot it may cause a problem because of 2
    > different IP addresses but wanted to ask you experts out there. Any help
    > is
    > appreciated. Thanks.

    Sure is possible. You can even bridge the two so they see each other easily.
    I used to have a wired and wi-fi NIC in use in the one computer handling
    different networks and their need for Internet.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Jun 25, 2006