  1. Should multiple wireless access points be on the same channel?

    TIA
    TWK
    Toobi Won Kenobi, Mar 6, 2007

  2. When using Entry Level Wireless devices there is No solid answer.

    The Starting point should be same SSID different channels, and if you are
    Not satisfied you can try the other combination of SSID and channels.

    Chances are that No matter what you would not get real seamless roaming.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 6, 2007

  3. Thanks Jack,

    "When using Entry Level Wireless devices there is No solid answer"
    Does this change with more "expensive" devices?

    What I am seeing is some PC's are ignoring stronger signals in preference to
    weaker ones. They do not connect untill a rescan is performed and then
    connected manually to the stronger one. All same SSID and channel.
    Regards

    TWK

    Toobi Won Kenobi, Mar 6, 2007
  4. Hi
    More elaborate and much more expensive Wireless hardware (like a $1200
    Access Point) can provide better seamless roaming.
    In general, http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3599726

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 6, 2007
  5. Hello Jack,

    $1200 eh? The three (cheapo) we are using extends a wired network and at
    £1800 (for three) would work out dearer than installing cable.

    Regards
    TWK

    Toobi Won Kenobi, Mar 6, 2007