    users are going out the default line, Internet speeds are very slow.

    If someone can provide a detailed explantion, I am very grateful

    thanks in advance
    needhelpplease, Sep 1, 2005

  2. needhelpplease

    Robert Guest

    I think you're going to have to run policy routing to do what you're
    trying to do. You would have to match based on the source address and
    set the next hop for those subnets. For example, if you want to force
    all clients in the IP range 10.0.0.0 - 10.0.7.254 through the first
    link (192.168.1.2) and all clients in the range 10.0.8.0 - 10.0.15.254
    through the second link (192.168.2.2), your configuration might look
    something like this. (assuming fastethernet 0/0 is the LAN side
    interface)

    access-list 1 permit 10.0.0.0 255.255.248.0
    access-list 2 permit 10.0.8.0 255.255.248.0

    route-map Set_Next_Hop permit 10
    match ip address 1
    set ip next-hop 192.168.1.2 192.168.2.2
    route-map Set_Next_Hop permit 20
    match ip address 2
    set ip next-hop 192.168.2.2 192.168.1.2

    interface fastethernet 0/0
    ip policy route-map Set_Next_Hop in

    The second IP address in each "set ip next-hop" statements allow for
    backup in case the primary link for those subnets fails. The "ip policy
    route-map" statement applies the route-map inbound on the LAN
    interface. HTH

    Robert
    Robert, Sep 1, 2005

  3. needhelpplease

    jsalminen Guest

    If you have a router before the firewalls you could create two default
    routes and set equal cost. The router should round robin traffic between
    those two routes.

    jsalminen, Sep 5, 2005