    then ok but if there's any way to achieve multiple incoming phone numbers
    (DID's) on my 2651XM then I'd like to investigate that.

    thanks for any advice.
    tg, Dec 7, 2009

  2. "tg" <> writes:
    >I run CME on a 2651XM router with IOS
    >c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T9.bin. I know I can make multiple
    >simultaneous outgoing calls on one sip trunk but what I wanted was several
    >different phone numbers for incoming calls.
    >1) Can this platform do multiple sip trunks or do I have to upgrade to a
    >later router? (which one).
    >2) would any of the latest IOS releases enable this router to do multiple
    >sip trunks?
    >I read on another forum that I might be able to do multiple sip trunks if
    >the provider didn't require me to register, but I've never seen a sip
    >provider that operates without registration. If I have to upgrade my router
    >then ok but if there's any way to achieve multiple incoming phone numbers
    >(DID's) on my 2651XM then I'd like to investigate that.

    I don't believe the ability to register with multiple SIP usernames
    came until CUBE (not happening on a 2651XM), or until something real
    recent on regular sip-ua IOS revisions.

    Hmm, this document

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/sip/configuration/guide/sip_cg-multi-registrars.html

    says 15.0(1)XA, but I thought there was something earlier, but its
    highly doubtful that a recent enough revision would be old enough to still
    function on a 2651XM. I just can't find a 12.4(x)xx type release for it.

    So, I guess the authoritative answer is anything that runs 15.0(1)XA
    and has that feature in it.

    You could have some sort of SIP proxy box in front of the Cisco that
    does the registration for external SIP trunks, and doesn't require
    authentication back internal to your cisco gateway, but probably an
    upgrade to a 2800 or 2900 would be the ticket otherwise.
    Doug McIntyre, Dec 7, 2009

  3. tg

    Thrill5 Guest

    "Doug McIntyre" <> wrote in message
    > "tg" <> writes:
    >>I run CME on a 2651XM router with IOS
    >>c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T9.bin. I know I can make multiple
    >>simultaneous outgoing calls on one sip trunk but what I wanted was several
    >>different phone numbers for incoming calls.
    >>1) Can this platform do multiple sip trunks or do I have to upgrade to a
    >>later router? (which one).
    >>2) would any of the latest IOS releases enable this router to do multiple
    >>sip trunks?
    >>I read on another forum that I might be able to do multiple sip trunks if
    >>the provider didn't require me to register, but I've never seen a sip
    >>provider that operates without registration. If I have to upgrade my
    >>router
    >>then ok but if there's any way to achieve multiple incoming phone numbers
    >>(DID's) on my 2651XM then I'd like to investigate that.

    > I don't believe the ability to register with multiple SIP usernames
    > came until CUBE (not happening on a 2651XM), or until something real
    > recent on regular sip-ua IOS revisions.
    >
    > Hmm, this document
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/sip/configuration/guide/sip_cg-multi-registrars.html
    >
    > says 15.0(1)XA, but I thought there was something earlier, but its
    > highly doubtful that a recent enough revision would be old enough to still
    > function on a 2651XM. I just can't find a 12.4(x)xx type release for it.
    >
    > So, I guess the authoritative answer is anything that runs 15.0(1)XA
    > and has that feature in it.
    >

    > You could have some sort of SIP proxy box in front of the Cisco that
    > does the registration for external SIP trunks, and doesn't require
    > authentication back internal to your cisco gateway, but probably an
    > upgrade to a 2800 or 2900 would be the ticket otherwise.

    A SIP trunk is nothing more than a connection to service provider and your
    provider can give you as many incoming numbers as you want (or willing to
    pay for). The feature listed above is only needed if you want to register
    with more than one provider.
    Thrill5, Dec 8, 2009
  4. tg

    tg Guest

    unfortunately my sip provider will only issue one number per account, which
    means one number per username/password combo. The 2600 will only accept one
    username/password combo for sip so I expect I'd have to find another
    provider, but I haven't yet seen one that provides multiple numbers on the
    one account.
    tg, Dec 15, 2009
  5. tg

    alexd Guest

    Meanwhile, at the comp.dcom.sys.cisco Job Justification Hearings, tg chose
    the tried and tested strategy of:

    > I expect I'd have to find another provider, but I haven't yet seen one
    > that provides multiple numbers on the one account.

    You could use an external aggregator like pbxes.com.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:42:45 up 18 days, 22:35, 8 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    alexd, Dec 16, 2009
  6. tg

    markhood Guest

    markhood had written this in response to
    http://forums.cabling-design.com/cisco/multiple-sip-trunks-on-2600-46096-.htm
    :

    tg wrote:

    > I run CME on a 2651XM router with IOS
    > c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T9.bin. I know I can make multiple
    > simultaneous outgoing calls on one sip trunk but what I wanted was
    > several
    > different phone numbers for incoming calls.
    > 1) Can this platform do multiple sip trunks or do I have to upgrade to
    > later router? (which one).
    > 2) would any of the latest IOS releases enable this router to do
    > multiple
    > sip trunks?
    > I read on another forum that I might be able to do multiple sip trunks
    > if
    > the provider didn't require me to register, but I've never seen a sip
    > provider that operates without registration. If I have to upgrade my
    > router
    > then ok but if there's any way to achieve multiple incoming phone
    > numbers
    > (DID's) on my 2651XM then I'd like to investigate that.

    > thanks for any advice.

    -------------------------------------

    you have to use another service or have to create multiple accounts for
    different sip numbers. you can not have multiple numabers on a single sip
    account

    http://www.altaworx.com

    markhood, Nov 28, 2012
  7. alexd <> writes:
    >markhood (for it is he) wrote:

    >> you have to use another service or have to create multiple accounts for
    >> different sip numbers. you can not have multiple numabers on a single sip
    >> account

    >Surely that can't be right. What do people with multiple SIP DDIs do? One
    >account per DDI?

    Use different hardware than a 2600.

    Cisco's multiple Registrars on SIP Trunks feature was added to the
    code base long after the 2600 was end-of-development.

    Or use something else and feed the consolidated trunks back to the
    cisco the one way it likes to take it.
    Doug McIntyre, Nov 29, 2012