    calling between phones? I can do it by transferring to the SIP number,
    which rings all the phones again, but it's a kludge.

    Owain
    Owain, Oct 3, 2011

  2. In article <>,
    Owain <> wrote:
    >I have multiple Yealink phones on Sipgate all registered to the same
    >Sipgate free account and all ringing in on incoming calls. My devices
    >are listed as
    >
    > Yealink T20P 91.---.---.--7:5061
    >
    > Yealink T28P 91.---.---.--7:5063
    >
    >There doesn't seem to be any conflict over port numbers, etc.
    >
    >Is there an easy way of transferring calls between phones or intercom
    >calling between phones? I can do it by transferring to the SIP number,
    >which rings all the phones again, but it's a kludge.

    A local (or hosted) PBX.

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Oct 3, 2011

  3. Owain

    Owain Guest

    On Oct 3, 1:53 pm, Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > >I have multiple Yealink phones on Sipgate all registered to the same
    > >Sipgate free account and all ringing in on incoming calls. ...
    > >Is there an easy way of transferring calls between phones or intercom
    > >calling between phones? I can do it by transferring to the SIP number,
    > >which rings all the phones again, but it's a kludge.

    > A local (or hosted) PBX.

    I was thinking along the lines of phone-to-phone calling, if I put the
    IP addresses and/or ports of the phones into speed dial buttons?

    Owain
    Owain, Oct 3, 2011
  4. Owain

    Dave Higton Guest

    In message
    <>
    Owain <> wrote:

    > On Oct 3, 1:53 pm, Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > > >I have multiple Yealink phones on Sipgate all registered to the same
    > > >Sipgate free account and all ringing in on incoming calls. ...
    > > >Is there an easy way of transferring calls between phones or intercom
    > > >calling between phones? I can do it by transferring to the SIP number,
    > > >which rings all the phones again, but it's a kludge.

    > > A local (or hosted) PBX.

    > I was thinking along the lines of phone-to-phone calling, if I put the
    > IP addresses and/or ports of the phones into speed dial buttons?

    If the phone allows you to do that, it should work. You would need
    to put in a SIP URL, including the port number because you're using
    non-standard port numbers for SIP. The address part of the URL can
    be either a numeric IP address, or, if the phone is aware of your
    name server, a named address. The phone must also be able to do a
    transfer.

    Some phones restrict the character set you can use - if you can only
    put in a pure number, you're out of luck.

    Dave
    Dave Higton, Oct 3, 2011
  5. In article <>,
    Dave Higton <> wrote:
    >In message
    ><>
    > Owain <> wrote:

    >> > A local (or hosted) PBX.

    >> I was thinking along the lines of phone-to-phone calling, if I put the
    >> IP addresses and/or ports of the phones into speed dial buttons?

    >If the phone allows you to do that, it should work. You would need
    >to put in a SIP URL, including the port number because you're using
    >non-standard port numbers for SIP. The address part of the URL can
    >be either a numeric IP address, or, if the phone is aware of your
    >name server, a named address. The phone must also be able to do a
    >transfer.

    It shouldn't be as complicated as that - normally if you're fiddling
    with ports on a phone it will be the outgoing port, and even then you
    really shouldn't need to. (Why do you think the OP is using non-standard
    port numbers?)

    So the phone will still be "listening" on port 5060, so if one handset
    can put a call on-hold, then "dial" another phone purely by IP address
    then you'll be fine.

    Of-course if there are NAT routers in-between the phones then you'll
    very probably not be fine, however I'm guessing here that they're all
    on the same LAN.

    It would still be nicer to have a local/hosted PBX though - lots more
    features - e.g. intercom which it's highly unlikely you'll be able
    to do on direct IP dialling as typically you need to send an extra SIP
    header to the phone to tell it to auto-answer in speakerphone mode.

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Oct 3, 2011