    Would appreciate all your help

    --
    SIP2PSTN

    SIP2PSTN, Jun 11, 2005

  2. SIP2PSTN

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    SIP2PSTN <> wrote:
    > I would like to know that is it possible to use an ATA to connect to
    > multiple or two SIP providers like FWD at the same time , and to
    > recieve calls on multiple phone numbers ( DID ) using single ATA . It
    > its possible that can some one suggest best cost effective ata which
    > would allow to have multiple phone lines and also some how help to know
    > that the incoming call is made to which phone number . because we until
    > we know that , we cant use one single ata for two companies as we wont
    > know that caller is calling which of our company .

    If you put Asterisk between the ATA and your inbound SIP providers (you can
    have as many SIP providers as you like) then you can alter the caller ID to
    tell you which virtual line the call came in on.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jun 11, 2005

  3. SIP2PSTN

    7 Guest

    Miguel Cruz wrote:

    > SIP2PSTN <> wrote:
    >> I would like to know that is it possible to use an ATA to connect to
    >> multiple or two SIP providers like FWD at the same time , and to
    >> recieve calls on multiple phone numbers ( DID ) using single ATA . It
    >> its possible that can some one suggest best cost effective ata which
    >> would allow to have multiple phone lines and also some how help to know
    >> that the incoming call is made to which phone number . because we until
    >> we know that , we cant use one single ata for two companies as we wont
    >> know that caller is calling which of our company .

    > If you put Asterisk between the ATA and your inbound SIP providers (you
    > can have as many SIP providers as you like) then you can alter the caller
    > ID to tell you which virtual line the call came in on.
    >
    > miguel

    I would like to try setting such a system up being a newbie...
    What minimum PCI hardware do I need to purchase for this
    (assuming I have PC and 100mbit ethernet card, and Linux)?

    7, Jun 11, 2005
  4. SIP2PSTN

    Ivor Jones Guest

    SIP2PSTN wrote:
    > I would like to know that is it possible to use an ATA to connect to
    > multiple or two SIP providers like FWD at the same time , and to
    > recieve calls on multiple phone numbers ( DID ) using single ATA .
    > It its possible that can some one suggest best cost effective ata
    > which would allow to have multiple phone lines and also some how
    > help to know that the incoming call is made to which phone number .
    > because we until we know that , we cant use one single ata for two
    > companies as we wont know that caller is calling which of our
    > company .
    >
    > Would appreciate all your help .

    How many lines do you need..? The Sipura SPA-2000 has two phone ports -
    see www.sipura.com/products/spa2000.htm

    Not sure what you mean by which number is being called, can't you tell by
    which phone is ringing..?!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 11, 2005
  5. SIP2PSTN

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    7 <> wrote:
    > Miguel Cruz wrote:
    >> SIP2PSTN <> wrote:
    >>> I would like to know that is it possible to use an ATA to connect to
    >>> multiple or two SIP providers like FWD at the same time , and to
    >>> recieve calls on multiple phone numbers ( DID ) using single ATA . It
    >>> its possible that can some one suggest best cost effective ata which
    >>> would allow to have multiple phone lines and also some how help to know
    >>> that the incoming call is made to which phone number . because we until
    >>> we know that , we cant use one single ata for two companies as we wont
    >>> know that caller is calling which of our company .

    >> If you put Asterisk between the ATA and your inbound SIP providers (you
    >> can have as many SIP providers as you like) then you can alter the caller
    >> ID to tell you which virtual line the call came in on.

    > I would like to try setting such a system up being a newbie...
    > What minimum PCI hardware do I need to purchase for this
    > (assuming I have PC and 100mbit ethernet card, and Linux)?

    If you have an ATA to connect your phones to, and will be receiving calls
    over the internet via SIP, then you don't need any other hardware.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jun 11, 2005
  6. multiple providers (was: Multiple Phone lines on single ATA ?)

    (Miguel Cruz) writes:
    > If you put Asterisk between the ATA and your inbound SIP providers (you can
    > have as many SIP providers as you like) then you can alter the caller ID to
    > tell you which virtual line the call came in on.

    I have to say, this is definitely one of the nicer aspects of running
    asterisk. I wonder which other of the sip daemons can do this trick.
    After spending a day or two reading about SER I still couldn't see a
    way to do it.

    Anyone know of another sip daemon that can dispatch calls to various
    sip providers?

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Jun 11, 2005
  7. 7 <> writes:
    > I would like to try setting such a system up being a newbie...
    > What minimum PCI hardware do I need to purchase for this
    > (assuming I have PC and 100mbit ethernet card, and Linux)?

    I believe that there are even people that have ported a stripped down
    asterisk to the Linksys wrt-54g (a $60 home wifi "router"). If you
    wanted a totally quiet, low power asterisk and had a bit of time to
    tinker, this might be the way to go. Even my lowest power, oldest x86
    computer, a ppro-150 takes 28 watts when just sitting there.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Jun 11, 2005
  8. SIP2PSTN

    Martin² Guest

    Draytek 2600V and Zyxel 2602 HW/L routers have two built in VoIP ports, but
    can be set up
    to operate both from one phone. The HWL version will let you access the POTS
    line too.he Draytek only allows for one VoIP registrar at the moment, but
    that should be addressed soon with firmware update.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jun 12, 2005
  9. SIP2PSTN

    Marc H.Popek Guest

    You can build -up a switch matrix to join multiple voip and pstn lines using
    the Combine-a-line units

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5781745368&rd=1&sspagenam
    e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

    excerpt from listing

    COMBINE-A-LINE .. Imagine..1=2

    Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone, answering
    machine, caller ID or PC Modem on TWO phone lines?.. Automatically?

    OR

    How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone jack
    into a single handset?

    OR

    USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone as
    well!

    OR

    see if anybody picks-up, on another line trunk, after you are already in a
    telco call???

    THEN...........................................

    Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different lines to
    be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC. Centralizing and
    PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication equipment for your
    home office or for the family.

    Combine-A-Line supports all services from your telephone company including
    Caller ID. It also has two line surge protectors to make sure that you are
    Protecting your equipment.

    Use combine-aline to automatically switch between VOIP and pots (rboc) plain
    local line, hands free!.

    SECURITY of your calls are enhanced because the CLT displays if anybody
    picks -up the line after you are in a call! So, it has security features
    just in case someone is wire tapping or listens in after you are in a call.
    The LED display will indicate any disruption to the line.

    Easy to use, No batteries or power supply, and no programming needed! Our
    re-sellers have reported that ..."elimination of the noisy and cumbersome
    power supply wires, reduces the Hum & Noise one hears then when connected
    to household power supplies"

    Automate and organize your telecommunications equipment and desktop wires
    with Combine-A-Line.

    USE BUY NOW and get FREE SHIPPING

    Marc H.Popek, Jun 13, 2005
  10. Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
    > 7 <> writes:
    > > I would like to try setting such a system up being a newbie...
    > > What minimum PCI hardware do I need to purchase for this
    > > (assuming I have PC and 100mbit ethernet card, and Linux)?

    > I believe that there are even people that have ported a stripped down
    > asterisk to the Linksys wrt-54g (a $60 home wifi "router"). If you
    > wanted a totally quiet, low power asterisk and had a bit of time to
    > tinker, this might be the way to go. Even my lowest power, oldest x86
    > computer, a ppro-150 takes 28 watts when just sitting there.

    That's right, and it isn't even stripped too much: I'm running one at
    home and I'm very happy with it. The main limitation is the lack of a
    hardware FPU, which makes some codecs that rely upon floating-point
    based implementations (LPC10, iLBC, Speex) unusable if not in
    pass-through mode. Otherwise, the CPU appears about as powerful as a
    300 MHz Celeron. See e.g. the threads at
    http://openwrt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6720 and
    http://openwrt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6900#p6900 .

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Jun 19, 2005