    Can I do this in Free Agent? If so, do I list each in the
    newsgroups separated by a comma or semi-colon?

    , Jul 21, 2003

  2. Patch Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I need to post health oriented information to a number of groups.
    > Can I do this in Free Agent? If so, do I list each in the
    > newsgroups separated by a comma or semi-colon?

    sounds like you want to post Spam. If you do, be aware that a lot of folks
    will report you to your ISP & you may lose your account.

    Patch, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Jimchip Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:29:56 GMT, wrote:
    > I need to post health oriented information to a number of groups.

    No you don't. That's called spam.

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

    Jimchip, Jul 21, 2003
  4. Mara Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:16:39 -0000, Jimchip wrote:

    >On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:29:56 GMT, wrote:
    >> I need to post health oriented information to a number of groups.

    >No you don't. That's called spam.

    Or just ECP.

    http://tinyurl.com/hkv8

    "Bad idea, in any case."

    >> Can I do this in Free Agent? If so, do I list each in the
    >> newsgroups separated by a comma or semi-colon?

    --
    Two minutes is, to me, 2 minutes too many. Trolls thrive on
    attention... starve them, and they die pathetic, lonely little deaths.

    Mara, Jul 21, 2003
  5. Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:29:56 +0000, alan0564 wrote:

    > I need to post health oriented information to a number of groups.
    > Can I do this in Free Agent? If so, do I list each in the
    > newsgroups separated by a comma or semi-colon?

    seperate by a comma. But beware there are policies that prohibit excessive
    cross posting and your article can get canceled as spam.

    Meat Plow, Jul 21, 2003
  6. Jimchip Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:43:01 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:16:39 +0000, Jimchip wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:29:56 GMT, wrote:
    >>> I need to post health oriented information to a number of groups.

    >> No you don't. That's called spam.

    > Not if it fall within acceptable limits.

    I'm predicting that it was spam that was intended- One is too many, BI
    index or not.

    Jimchip, Jul 21, 2003
  7. Jimchip Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:25:46 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:07:11 +0000, Jimchip wrote:

    >>> Not if it fall within acceptable limits.

    >> I'm predicting that it was spam that was intended- One is too many, BI
    >> index or not.

    > One crosspost is too many? Glad you don't run my ISP's abuse dept. :)

    No, not a cross-post. I predict his "I need to post health oriented
    information" is going to be spam, cross-posted or not.

    Jimchip, Jul 21, 2003
  8. trout Guest

    Jimchip wrote:
    <snip>

    > No, not a cross-post. I predict his "I need to post health oriented
    > information" is going to be spam, cross-posted or not.

    My prediction is "kook". So far; Google shows one rant about (too
    much) AIDS funding, and a blank test cross-post to five health and
    AIDS-related groups.
    --
    "I'm guessing his account clock is already ticking."

    trout, Jul 21, 2003
  9. Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > I need to post health oriented information to a number of groups.
    > Can I do this in Free Agent? If so, do I list each in the
    > newsgroups separated by a comma or semi-colon?

    You COULD do it with any newsreader, with a comma.

    However, this is not a posting service -- if you aren't taking part in
    active discussion in those groups, you have no reason nor right to post
    anything.
    You DAMN SURE aren't allowed to send advertising or notices of ANY KIND
    unless the group specifically welcomes them! No, it doesn't matter how
    important it is to you, how good a bargain, how simple or inoffensive.
    You would simply be interrupting.

    Think of newsgroups as a series of neighborhood bars. Each has a
    different established clientele, and there are many active discussions
    going on between the visitors.
    All posts, therefore, interrupt the discussion. If it is relevant to
    the group, the discussion, and is a meaningful contribution, then you
    will be welcomed as a participant.
    If it is ANYTHING else, you will win only ire and anger; you would ruin
    most of your future participation in such groups, you could certainly
    lose your internet service.

    For the same reasons, you shouldn't ever post one message to more than
    one group. Since being on-topic is the most important rule, finding the
    one group to which it fits is the first step. Since participating and
    being current are also important, you'd find the right group and want
    to post to that group rather than one of the others.

    Mitch, Jul 22, 2003